Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum » Found Sheltie

Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Found Sheltie

The kids that live down the road from me brought me a sheltie. They thought she was mine since I am the only one in the neighborhood with shelties. She is not in the greatest shape I am guessing she is around 13 years old. She is matted, has very long nails horrible teeth, dirty ears, and is overweight. On top of that I think she has cancer, she has a tennis ball sized lump on her belly, and she flinches if you touch her abdomen. She was wearing 2 collars. One was right on the surface of her fur the other one was burried in the matts. She has an old 2004 license other than that no id at all. I spent 2 hours total last night brushing her (took several breaks) and she is still bad. I may have to cut out a lot of the mats, her tail was matted to her butt! She needs a bath bad but i have to get rid of the mats first. I will try and get some pics of her later.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Can you call the # on the Tag and ask for the owners info? I personally dont think she was taking care of...so sad so hear about this...poor girl.

What do you think you are going to do with her?
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

Bless her heart! Well, she found the right sheltie-lover to help her out. Good luck.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

That is very sad to hear. How can someone neglect a dog like that?

I agree with CerbiesMom She is now in the right sheltie-lover hands ... Thanks for helpping her out. Give her LOTS of hugs from us!!!
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
JessicaR
Been Around A While

I got a hold of the auditors office that has the records for dog license. She gave me the name and number of the person that had the tags in '04 I have tried calling, no answer, of course they could be at work. I also called the vet and he said that his only records of this person only has a cat. So I am not very hopefull. The humane society has not had anyone call about loosing their sheltie.

My husband says I cant keep her so if I cant find her a home there are a couple of sheltie rescue groups that will hopefully take her in. Last resort she will have to go to the humane society which I really dont want to do.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Momto3
Been Around A While

That poor little baby! Reminds me of Mylee cause he was matted to the bone poor guy. Neglected long enough to look like that - good luck finding the owner and they probably wouldn't take her back at that! sad
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Her owner called while I was gone, he said she has been missing for a couple of weeks! Although apparently nobody thought to call the humane society or dog warden, or place a lost ad in the paper which is the first places I looked to see if someone was missing her. They werent home when I called back so we will see if they actually come for her.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

That's disgusting! How do you know your poor old dog is missing and not call anyone for weeks? My vote would still be to try to get her into a sheltie rescue. her last years should be better than her former ones. Maybe they just won't show up.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
JessicaR
Been Around A While

They came and got sadie last night. I have mixed feelings about it but her kids were so happy to their dog and Sadie actually wagged her tail, something she didnt do the whole time I had her. They said she was due to go to the groomers before she got lost and that she will be going today. They seem like a nice family their son was in my daughters class and the mom was always helping out. So hopefully she will be better taken care of.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
They came and got sadie last night. I have mixed feelings about it but her kids were so happy to their dog and Sadie actually wagged her tail, something she didnt do the whole time I had her. They said she was due to go to the groomers before she got lost and that she will be going today. They seem like a nice family their son was in my daughters class and the mom was always helping out. So hopefully she will be better taken care of.
Will you be "dropping by" anytime soon to check on her for your own peace of mind?
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum