Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Neurotic » Tyra

Old 09-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Tyra

Having issues with her again.

At first when we got her, she was fear-attacking or maybe it was dominance. Who knows...

Now we have her where she is a well rounded member of the pack. Shara and Tyra are always playing and having a good time.

Now she has become a chicken. Over night it seems, she has this attitude of no confidence whatsoever...

Noone has hit her, stepped on her, harshly corrected her. She was corrected months and months ago when we first got her to make her stop attacking the other dogs.

We had several months of her with confidence. She went to obedience classes where she was socialized and learned many things.

Now we are in a phase of patheticness. I am not sure what to do. I thought about emailing my trainer to see what she thinks but thought I would write here.

This has been going on for a few weeks...slowly she has been loosing confidence, now it is apparent there is a problem with her mentality, I just dont know how to fix or what to do?
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Momto3
Been Around A While

A year and nearly a half ago one little chocolate/white guy joined my family. He was/is very skittish and very hyper. One little gorgeous pooch at only 16 pounds then and I could not touch his precious little feet. Today's grooming session wasn't much better but I got kisses. With every time I put Merlin on the table we get a little closer. A year and a half ago I couldn't touch his feet in any way. I couldn't scissor his legs. I couldn't trim his drop-dead gorgeous eyelashes. Dang sure couldn't trim his ears, legs, etc. Merlin's special and needs a special hand.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 AM   #3
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Yea, Tyra is very hyper but at the same time can instantly turn into a chicken...its very hard to read her or work with her...will be taking her to some show sites to get her more confident.
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Have you considered going to the vet to make sure it isn't a physical problem? Hormonal imbalances as well as some other illnesses can cause behavior changes almost overnight (usually that is a strong indicator that sometime might be wrong with her physically).
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > Neurotic