Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum » Getting 2 Rescues Tomarrow!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Getting 2 Rescues Tomarrow!

I went to the pound and found a doxie and chihuahua that I am bailing out tomarrow. The doxie had been there for over 2 weeks, and they are only suppose to keep them 3 days!

The lady was completly rude n hatefull because I was trying to use the rescue I have helped with in the past as leverage to get a deal.

NO. $95 dollars no ifs ands or butts, and the dogs were going to be put down. So someone wants to save them bring them to a no kill, and they would rather kill it than give it a chance?

So after practically arguing, I put my name on the doxie to be saved till Friday. So after talking to the rescue, I am going to try to get a chihuahua out as well. I will be reinbursed by the rescue, OR I might be lucky and get a break if I talk to the right person.

Wish us luck tomarrow...I could end up paying the $95 up front, or I might get a good deal from a guy that works up there, just pray the b!tch isnt up there tomarrow...heartless.

Not only that she went on to say how they get in 15+ dogs a day...and have to kill them asap to keep the numbers down. Same dogs been on their site for weeks. I think she was just tryin to scare me. Rawr.

http://www.pampaanimalrescue.org/images/6426.jpg
http://www.pampaanimalrescue.org/images/6424.jpg

The 2 I am going for! Too cute...wish us luck
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
sandyb
Been Around A While

They are both just beautiful. Good luck - hope they come home with you soon!!
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Momto3
Been Around A While

They sure do make it hard to adopt. Must be a condition of the job that you have no heart. Took me 2 weeks and lotsa nerve-wracking heartache to pull my latest from the pound. You'd think they'd be glad someone was interested instead of putting up obstacles.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Wonderful... 2 more rescues. Post lots of pics when you get your new sweeties home._Marie
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
Shara
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
They sure do make it hard to adopt. Must be a condition of the job that you have no heart. Took me 2 weeks and lotsa nerve-wracking heartache to pull my latest from the pound. You'd think they'd be glad someone was interested instead of putting up obstacles.

Yea, I think something fishy is going on up there. They are keeping dogs for over 2 weeks, so whos to say if you pay for one, they are not pocketing the money for themselves. According to their records they been there 'too long to still be around'

Hopefully I will talk to the right GUY today (the only one up there and is a great guy) and get them outta there...I am just gonna have to do some 'deal in the alley' type thing with him or something....because those ladies at the front 'know' me now and you talk about heartless POS...thats them!
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 05-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
Shara
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsasmom View Post
Wonderful... 2 more rescues. Post lots of pics when you get your new sweeties home._Marie

Sadly they are not staying with me long, as they are going to a local no kill-high adpotion place I got Tyra from. =D
~Meredith
Old 05-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
Sadly they are not staying with me long, as they are going to a local no kill-high adpotion place I got Tyra from. =D
But now they'll be able to wait for a new home without the threat of death, so their new forever mommy or daddy will have time to "discover" them there. Bless you for the good work you do for furbabies.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #8
Shara
Been Around A While

After battleing with the ppl at the pound, I am going to get at least 4 tomarrow, and the rescue is going to pay for all the shots/being fixed.

I MIGHT get the chihuahua, there is a lady that has her name on it, but they have not been able to get ino contact with her, and its been at the pound for all week. Hes mine at 3PM tomarrow...if no word from her is heard.

The doxie is mine for sure...no questions about that!

Also the male schnauzer is coming home for sure.

A new member to the rescue list is a lab/golden mix puppy. She is too cute!

I will be getting pictures of them all tomarrow~!!!

I went and bought some dog food/bowles and other goodies for them. So exciting!
~Meredith
Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #9
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Hope it all works out! Are you just fostering until there's room at the rescue?
I've done that a few times over the years...and sometimes they were with me so long I just decided to adopt them myself.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Labman
Been Around A While

I have enormous respect for anybody doing rescue. And nothing but contempt for the clueless that fill our shelters one way or another. I have a real problem knowing we slaughter millions of dogs a year for lack of homes. I can not respond to questions here and elsewhere where somebody is asking a very basic question about breeding that indicates they haven't even read a general book on dogs. Saying what I think would only send them away mad and get me banned. I just have to hope somebody else can write a gentle, effective answer.

The shelters are overwhelmed where poorly paid people try to stay within an inadequate budget. Rescue people give their time and often their own money saving dogs from others' ignorance.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Rescue Forum