Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming » Sevear Matts-Schnauzer Qs

Old 12-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Sevear Matts-Schnauzer Qs

hey, I have a new client coming in this week...I was wondering a few things.

The dog is apparently severely matted. I know I am going to have to clipper it close to not cause pain and to get them out. What size blade or guard should I use. ATM I bought a brand new Oyster with a 000 blade...should I use that or use a guard?

Do I cut them out or cut half the mat out close to the skin as I can? Or just use the clippers.

Also how much should I charge for this? The dog I have been warned is VERY BADLY matted. Should I charge 60-80 then tell them to come back next month and it will be 35? If they dont next time it will be double?

~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
JessicaR
Been Around A While

I am not sure what you should do about clippering, probably will have to shave very close if he is that mnatted. But I would definitly charge them extra. i know the groomers around here will charge extra for severly matted dogs. You should also explain about the upkeep of the coat afterwards and how regular groomings is required with that breed.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Momto3
Been Around A While

I've found that blade sizes vary widely with the clipper brands available. When Myles came into my life he was matted to the bone. Seriously bad. Clippered as close as possible but some of the matts had to grow out before they could be removed completely. Definitely charge an arm and a leg cause stripping out a severely matted one takes extra time and is very hard on the clippers. Might wanna show them some pics of the breed with an easy-to-maintain puppy cut. I know I have unrealistic expectations sometimes of super-long flowing coats and I just do not have the time to keep them up so back to puppy cuts for my boys!
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
These people never showed up. I texted and the response was "we are still at work" Well ...w/e...its been several days now and haven't heard from them. Perhaps they found another place to go...

I hope for the dogs sake they found somewhere to take it to be groomed properly...

SOME PEOPLE...rawr.
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #5
GermansG
New Around Here

Send a message via ICQ to GermansG
Заработок в и&

Для тех, кто ищет дополнительный или основной заработок в интернете!

Заработок в интернете - ПОДРОБНАЯ технология fзаработка в интернете от 20$ ЕЖЕДНЕВНО!!!
Активный Заработок в интернете на On-line пакете "Рулетка" - обыграй on-line рулетку не рискуя собственными средствами!
Бизнес-пакеты "FOREX" - торговля на бирже Forex,
"Fast Easy Money" - суперэффективный пошаговый рецепт достижения на 100% гарантированных успехов в электронной коммерции, даже если у вас нет ни опыта, ни сайта, ни продукта для продаж...,
"Qcsbs" - СЕКРЕТЫ БОГАТЫХ И СИЛЬНЫХ. Быстрый и стабильный заработок в банковской системе!,
Бизнес-Арсенал "Best To Sell" - Необычайно Мощный Маркетинговый Бизнес-Арсенал Состоящий из (24) 100% Лучших Инструментов!,
Золотая Денежная Система - Цифровые товары в одном бизнес-пакете! Много цифровых товаров с автоматическим правом перепродажи. ЭКСКЛЮЗИВ!
Электронные книги С помощью бизнес-предложений Ваш заработок в интернете будет легко составлять от 20$ Ежедневно!

Для тех, кто ищет заработок от САР ( Система активной раскрутки сайтов ), то Вы можете
продать кредиты системы jetswap на Биржа кредитов сар - Покупка продажа кредитов сар, по выгодной цене.

Кстати, своим рефералам рефбэк и заработок в jetswap 330%!!!
Регистрируйтесь и получайте рефбэк каждый день!
(это партнерка, + админ проводит конкурсы)

Удачи!

PS:// Если отправил не в тот раздел, просьба перенесите пожалуйста.

Спасибо!
Удачи!
GermansG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
Momto3
Been Around A While

Prolly dumped the dog. Sad thought but usually true. People buy high-maintenance pooches and don't know how to take care of them...they usually get dumped.

I always wanted a Cocker Spaniel. My gramma had one. Finally got one myself. Seriously had no idea how to take care of that coat! Many times I was in tears with this very needy breed. I had to learn. OMG I had to learn! Now I rescue, I groom, I love every inch of their very needy souls.

Everything happens for a reason
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Grooming