Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs » I have aa problem: dogs to big truck to small!

Old 08-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #1
zorasdad
Been Around A While

I have aa problem: dogs to big truck to small!

2 weeks ago I took Mo and Zota to the park for our run along the river, well it was hard getting them in one in back seat one in front.(I have a toyota extended cab). Mo has grown bigger and now does not fit. I the owner of the animal supply store gaave me a cap for the truck, now Im doggie proofing the back. Now ill have room for a few more!
a working dog is a happy dog
zorasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

LOL! I have a tiny toyota, too. But my big boy only weighs 40 pounds, so it's no problem. We've acutally put him back there with my sister's boxer, and they have just enough room, barely. I'm glad you got the cover for the back. Make sure you put something in the bed so they don't slide all over the place.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
That's funny, you have huge dogs too. When I only had the five big ones they could all fit in the scion. It's the tissue box type. I don't think I could fit all eight of them now. That would be a tight squeeze
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
I have a jeep, it is a good thing I am getting a small shih tzu, I bought a car seat for her, but I will have to put a blanket in it as she will be only about 2 pounds. lol "Safety First Right"
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
zorasdad
Been Around A While

I used to have a big old buick for my doggie transport and used trunk to hold carpentry tools. Gave it away as the work in the building trades is slow right now. Getting carpet and padding for the interier of bed for the beasts.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
lol pampered pooches
if your house looks like its been hit by a tornado your owned by a dobermann RIP Lyric, Caito, Daimler, Autumn, Hope and Archie see you at Rainbow Bridge My heart is broken, all of you gone in one year, run free, play hard and wait for me.
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
zorasdad
Been Around A While

The pups are more spoiled! Now there is a futon mattress for their riding comfort.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

That is too funny. I have an F250 extended and it seemed small with my two. I haven't even tried to carry three of them yet. I don't know what that would be like. Would be better if I had like a full back seat I suppose.

Futon mattresss sounds very comfortable.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:46 PM   #9
Furbilator
Been Around A While

I bought a brand new Chevy Blazer to haul my mutt around and me too, don't ya know! I love it when people see me driving down the street with my girl leaning her head on my shoulder letting the wind from the sun roof flap her ears.
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #10
zorasdad
Been Around A While

Today a friend and I painted the truck cap. This weekend we had APBA power boat races, it was a lot of work many long hours and the futon mattress IS comfortable!!lol But my spoiled dogs told me they need me to make spill proof water bowls for them! You guessed it I am.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs