Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs » Sophie is doing GREAT!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
clser2thehrt
Been Around A While

Sophie is doing GREAT!!!

One more day until I get to California, and I couldn't be more pleased with Sophie's "on the road" behavior. So far she's had no accidents, and this has actually been wonderful for training. I know some of you mentioned that the safest place for her is in the back and crated, but there is NO way I could have fit anything like that in the car at all. I did manage to make her a little home in the front seat, where she has perfected "stay" and "speak". She visits the kids in the back seat (when allowed) and lets out a little bark when it's time to stop for a potty break. She's awesome!! I couldn't have asked for a better dog. On another note.....I met someone who drove 900 miles to pick up the "perfect" sheltie!! It was the CUTEST little thing! Other than that, there's not a whole lot of news, but than again, I think that's enough!! LOL.
clser2thehrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
I'm guessing today is your big day, eh? Well as a So-Cal-er I gotta say : "WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA!!!". I'm sure you'll love it here, I know I do And it so glad to hear that someone is so pleased with their pooch as you are, thats great, keep up the good work
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Labman
Been Around A While

Nice to read a good positive post. We will be putting a lot of miles on next month with a wedding in Alabama and 2 reunions in Western Pennsylvania. Of course Tux will be attending them all.

Note, no way could we fit a big crate in the back seat of our Cavalier Coupe. Our puppies always ride in the passenger's footwell. Tux is leveling off around 60 pounds. My wife says if we ever have a much bigger dog, she is doing more of the driving and I can share my leg room with the dog. The passenger's footwell is the next safest place. The puppies often ride with their head on the console or seat where traffic permitting, I can pet them a little. We have found the puppies, even at 7 weeks, can go as long as we can. Making them lay on the floor does restrict their activity extending how long they can go.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #4
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Wow that is really great, sounds like the trip is going really well. Hugs Susan & Lexcee
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #5
clser2thehrt
Been Around A While

the trip went VERY well, with the exception of some ticks....that are thankfully gone now. She's catching up on her exersize still though...lol.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #6
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by clser2thehrt View Post
the trip went VERY well, with the exception of some ticks....that are thankfully gone now. She's catching up on her exersize still though...lol.
Hey, been wondering what happen to ya! So you picked up a couple ticks? Aw that stinks, I haven't seen too many around here thankfully, but keep a vigilant eye
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #7
clser2thehrt
Been Around A While

Thankfully, they're gone!! Ugh, couldn't live with the knowledge of those things!! EWWWW!

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs