Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs » Transport from Australia to U.S.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:19 AM   #1
Snowpea
New Around Here

Transport from Australia to U.S.

Hi Everyone,

I've decided to move back to the United States and bring Levi (my dog) with me. I've gotten quotes from various pet transport companies and I am wondering if anyone here has ever made that journey and if you had any recommendations concerning your experiences with pet transport companies. Also, I have gotten conflicting advice and recommendations on getting Levi vaccinated for rabies. Some say it is better to do it once you are in the States (because it is a live vaccine) and it is not required for entry into the U.S. from Australia because Oz is rabies-free, other people seem to think that it is a requirement for entry? Is anyone familiar with these laws?

Cheers!
Snowpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:58 PM   #2
Shells_k
Been Around A While

I dont have any advise for you on transport, but think its wonderful that you are bringing Levi back to the States with you. I would do the same thing.
I hope someone jumps on to give you some great ideas.

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
I wish I could be of some help too, but I haven't been on an airplane myself to begin with! LOL. Umm you know about the vaccine, it really depends on the area you are going to I suppose, if rabies in an issue then you will probably need to get it there to get some sort of certificate, but I'm not completely sure.
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
speedwayspringer
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to speedwayspringer Send a message via Yahoo to speedwayspringer
snowpea...glad to hear you are coming back to the states
I would go online and contact some of hte airlines and see what their prices are for flying your pup. as for the shots need to enter the US..i'd try calling US customs or go onto their site and see what info you can find out.

i'll see if i can get some info from friends on Yahoo that live in Aussie country that come show int he US and see what they have to say and get back to ya with any info i get.
Visit my website at:
www.speedwaykennels.com
speedwayspringer is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs