Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs » Vacation

Old 05-23-2008, 11:10 AM   #11
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Good God girl!!! You and your man need a holiday! Even a dirty weekend away would be good! LOL! Teehehe! Wink wink!

I feel so guilty, I put mine into kennels if I go away....am I a bad mummy??? LOL! Nah, they have fun there, we know the owners of the place (I groom their dogs) and they pay special attention to my little ones.
LOL tell me about it! I'm such a homebody that I can't enjoy myself w/a bunch of people I don't know all around me. Hopefully when the kids are a little older we can take them camping along w/the horses. We used to go to Big South Fork tennessee (that was beautiful).
ANN, that was so funny about the Uhaul! You'll have to get one of those R.V.'s LOL! Wonder how much it would be to fill one of those up!
2dogscrzy4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
Danielle
Been Around A While

Maybe you should try what I do....

I get my dog Abbi, my tent, and all my supplies and go camping for the weekend. I leave the kid at home with the hubby and take off! It is absolutely fantastic to have peaceful time to myself which is a rarity for me. I do this about 2-3 times a year. I have a 4X4 and go off road and have a blast! Abbi is all the protection I need and she sleeps in the tent with me and I feel as safe as anything.

Get some girlfriends together and take off for the weekend! Try it, you'll love it!

Danni.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #13
starry8740
Been Around A While

Send a message via ICQ to starry8740
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogscrzy4ball View Post
We're already at $4 a gallon! I think I'm going to have to hook up the horse and buggy, LOL! I wonder how long it would take me to get to work, it's normally a 25min. drive? That reminds me of the seinfeld episode where kramer fed the horse beenie weenies and the horse tooted something awful! My boxer would give the horse a run for it's money in that department!!!!!

Well here it is only 3:35 a gallon. I would always go out on sundays and now I can't and specally not since in a few weeks we are going to the city which is a 2 hour drive. Apperntly the gas price isnt affecting my mom. UGH I thought she was gonna kills us yesterday, there is construction and its one lane highway and my mom was going speed limit and this old man was tailgating her and he was so close he almost hit the back end of us and so my mom slowed down to 5 MPH and he got even more ticked off so she said when she got to where it broke into 2 lanes she was gonna put it into gear and go full speed and OMG SHE was goin 100 on a curved highway and they were racing flicking each other OFF and swerving in and out of each other for about 20 mins and he would swerve in close and slow down so my mom loose control and luckly my mom is really good driver she didnt loose control but then I am like "MOM, pull over now before a police officer arrests you both or we end up dieing." So my mom did and the rest of the ride home she was bickering about how much of an "Asno" which means Donkey which means bad A word in Spanish and I am like sitting there embarassed. It was worse then getting on the scariest rollercoaster.
~Star my eskie/golden mix~

www.youtube.com/starry8740 &
www.youtube.com/friends4life8740
Daniel & Carrie + Star = Forever

When one door closes another WILL open, and its usually something better.
starry8740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:20 PM   #14
Furbilator
Been Around A While

I am really lucky, if I wanted to fly away on vacation I would just have to call up my Mom and Dad to take care of Cassie. For them it would be just one more pup racing around the house because they own Cassie's sister. I have puppy-sat for them on numerous occassions from a day to a couple of weeks, while they were on vacation and it wasn't any harder than one dog.

I haven't yet gone on a 'away from her' vacation but I know that she would be very well cared for and I could relax and enjoy my holiday. I don't know if I could feel the same if I had to put her in a kennel. Cassie isn't used to a lot of dogs, even at the puppy park she prefers to greet the humans rather than the dogs.

Most of my vacations have been centered around activities in which I could take my dog. We usually hang out at my family cottage for a week or so or go on day trips to places we like to hike. Wide open spaces, lots of running and swimming for all!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #15
Danielle
Been Around A While

Awwwww what a spoilt girl! She is so lucky to have a mama like you!
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #16
SW_DF27
Site Regular

Usually when I take my vacation I use the time to get things done around the house that I have put off because of lack of time. since I got my dogs I don't go anywhere like out of the state I'll take the dogs to go climb Pinnical Mt. or to the lake but nothing fancy. I don't go on vacation because of my dogs I dont' trust anyone to take care of them while I'm gone
SW_DF27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:40 PM   #17
turfgirl
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to turfgirl
Most dog owners are the same, it would be like leaving small children at home, you would not enjoy yourself and I found that I did not have as much fun as I would have had if I had Giz with me. The reason it took so long to have a holiday is because I did not WANT to leave him. I was convinced by a friend that I was working so much & so much had been going on for me personally that I needed the vacation, they were wrong I was missing him all of the time I even went shopping for him & bought him toys & sweaters from where I was. It is a choice we all make right?
turfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 PM   #18
Janet
Been Around A While

My dogs go into kennels about 4 times a year. Three short periods and one longer. We are going away in June for 16 nights. I have fab kennels I have used for seven years, my retriever Morgan is very nervous but he loves it and the owner Marsha and her dad. They kennel Morgan and Blue together so they are very happy. It is good for us all to have a holiday and that is what Morgan and Blue do. They have the same bedding and toys each time they go. One winter they were the only dogs there so Marsha took them into her house to stay. If for some reason my kennels closed then that would be the end of our holidays as I would not trust anyone else to look after them.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #19
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
I leave mine with my sister
There are no good boarding facilities around here, that's why I want to own one someday. I have heard some horror stories about boarding around here. Mange, kennel cough, baterial skin infections ect.....
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #20
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogscrzy4ball View Post
We're already at $4 a gallon! I think I'm going to have to hook up the horse and buggy, LOL! I wonder how long it would take me to get to work, it's normally a 25min. drive? That reminds me of the seinfeld episode where kramer fed the horse beenie weenies and the horse tooted something awful! My boxer would give the horse a run for it's money in that department!!!!!
Hell, I'll take $4 a gallon at this point!! We are at $4.17 right now, Chicago has the reported highest gas prices in the nation

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Traveling with Dogs