Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green » Im trying a new mulch

Old 09-27-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
zorasdad
Been Around A While

Im trying a new mulch

My yard is small and with 2 lg dogs grass is not possable. Last yr I mulched the yard with shredded ceder mulch, it smells good, matts down well and does not attract insects. Well this past july we had a heck of a storm and it washed out down the drive. I needed mulch and found playground mulch its Shredded, steamed, which kills insects, diseases, and bactirea. It also does not cause splinters.(safe for children safe for pets) It matts down nice and Mo and Zora christened it before I raked it out. Easier to pick up the poop then the former I used. I live in whats called a critical area being on a river so my yard must be a permibale surface. Irregular rocks will eventually prevent seepage in soil and round pebbles has so much loss with cleanup. A big plus my pups like laying on it.I left poop as example. muffin 008.jpg

muffin 009.jpg
a working dog is a happy dog
zorasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Very pretty yard I use eucliptus (spelling it wrong...) the plant koalas eat...as mulch, it doesnt float away and lasts a long time, I find cedar to disapear fast and fade in color...but the water here is terrible so that might have a factor...
So playground mulch...I might look into that! Thank you for your post ^.^
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
Labman
Been Around A While

Cocoa hulls poison dogs.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
zorasdad
Been Around A While

Thumbs up

Just an update it rained for 4 days and this morn I did poop pick up it is working out good. did not loose much mulch. No tracking in house. I give it a thumbs up
a working dog is a happy dog
zorasdad is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green