Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green » clean up after your dog

Old 06-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #11
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
I always clean up after my pets. When they are pups I even carry a small bottle of bleach spray to disinfect just in case they do it inside somewhere. I live in a community and my dogs are not allowed in other peoples lawn, EVER. There is no reason for them to even be sniffing in someone elses lawn.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #12
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
I said it how it is here Labman. Kinda insulting when I said and described in detail what happens here...and then you question it...but whatever...People would think you were strange after your dog goes, to be bending down retrieving it...I have NEVER seen anyone do that and I honestly laugh at the mental picture...the only time we are 'required' to pick up is at dog events/a dog parks/club and training sites...which are very small limited areas. Where they have signs up EVERYWHERE and they have a 'station' with dog scoop and a bin.
My friend is moved here from Texas and she says that as far as things are concerned it is drastically different there. Sometimes it's hard to understand but even stories she has told about the schools there.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #13
Furbilator
Been Around A While

I'm sorry, but rural or not you don't let your dog defecate on a person's lawn and just walk away from it. Have to agree with Labman there. Now down a rural road in the ditch or in the fields and bush - no issue as it is back to nature and no harm is done. I've lived in areas that are rural with gravel roads, livestock manure on the roads, etc. right next to nice homes with nice lawns. I would never not pick up after my dog if she accidentally defecated on a lawn it is impolite as well as unsanitary for the home owner IMHO.

'I have had my dogs stop and do #2 in peoples lawns which is horrific but you just have to walk off from that. I live on a corner lot and when mowing the grass along the street and alley its not uncommon to see #2s...we also have a high population of strays too that can be culprits.'

Shara, how does that make YOU feel when you step in it or have to pick it up?

Furbs
All messages have been lab tested and approved!
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #14
Labman
Been Around A While

Another point are the non dog owners that occasionally show up on dog forums complaining about dogs fouling their lawns and flower beds.

I have never had a cow wonder into my yard and foul it. I don't know if open range still exists, but the livestock always was kept out of towns. I never saw steers grazing in a city park.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:25 AM   #15
Danielle
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
I have never had a cow wonder into my yard and foul it. I don't know if open range still exists, but the livestock always was kept out of towns. I never saw steers grazing in a city park.
I dont think Shara said she lets her dog deficate on ppls front lawns. Unless I misread?

Also, if you actually read my post LM I said you "used confrontational language" which you did when you wrote a derogatory and offensive word. Remember we have young members who are still in school, and this is a family forum. Thank you.

And no, Ive never seen a cow "wander" into my yard either. But when ppl are out walking in rural areas, there really isnt any manicured front lawns for your dog to poop on anyways. Well, not in any rural areas Ive ever seen.

I still dont condone it, as I pick up after my dogs, but we dont live in Texas do we?
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
gsdmama
Been Around A While

there are heavy fines here if you get caught. people don't pick up after their dogs. even at the dog parks. there are tons of pooper scoopers around and people don't even bother. down at the beach where i walk the dogs and non dog owners walk and i see poop everywhere it is disgusting. last summer i was horrified when joey had diarrhea, what do you do? luckily it was right in front of the fire engine and they got out the hose and washed it down. they understood as they have dogs of their own, and now they give joey a treat everytime they see us. i pick up after my dogs as it is not fun to be stepping in it and ruining your shoes. i caught a girl letting her dog poop in my yard and she walked away. i stepped right out and told her to pick it up she said no, so i called animal control and they came out. she got caught and fined as people were complaining about her. my dogs go in their own yard before and after and i do carry bags on me.

just be considerate of others.
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:40 PM   #17
boxerheaven
Been Around A While

i to always pick up as there is nothing worse than standing in poo and it is your dog so your responsibility, my one gripe is that there are not enough bins where we live so sometimes have to carry it for miles but hey ho thats life
shara does it not get on your nerves when other people let there dog go in your garden and then do you have to pick it up or just leave it ??
boxerheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 AM   #18
johnanddoggies
Been Around A While

I live in a smallish town in Arizona right now and no one picks up after there dog or very few . I have been laughed at for picking up my dogs mess and just shrug it off mabye some day these createns here will learn but probaly not.
johnanddoggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #19
Danielle
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanddoggies View Post
I live in a smallish town in Arizona right now and no one picks up after there dog or very few . I have been laughed at for picking up my dogs mess and just shrug it off mabye some day these createns here will learn but probaly not.
Im in the same boat John. We moved out here last year. Originally from the city, Im still in the habit of picking up after my pooches. I think Im the only person out here that carries pink, scented, doggie poo bags! LOL!

When you are out walking in a rural area, there really isnt any front lawns as such. Just massive properties, dirt roads, etc. If your dog poops on the side of the road out here it really isnt an issue as these places arent manicured lawns, they are huge cattle properties. That's how it is here, not sure about other places, but I still insist of picking up after my animals.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #20
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
I think Im the only person out here that carries pink, scented, doggie poo bags! LOL!
OK, I dont think I'm speeking out of turn here when I say, "We have just GOT to see a photo of THIS!!!"
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green