Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs » Welcome to the Recreational Dogs Forum

Old 09-28-2006, 06:20 AM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Welcome to the Recreational Dogs Forum

I have gone on backpacking trips with my dogs. My yoga is going into the Sierras, the Dixie National Forest in Utah, and along the California coast with the dogs. We also kayak and bike. Again, there are issues that arise in each of those activities. I have given booties away to owners whose dogs had worn down their pads. I have a friend who did not teach her dog to run along side the bike. She had him on leash and she broke her collar bone. Dogs get altitude sickness just like us. Sharing, debating, and discussing the viability and details of different owner/K9 recreational activities will enhance the bond between owners and their K9 companions. It will also add to the well being of dog and owner. The Helen Woodward Center just had a dog surfing contest.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:28 AM   #2
shell
Been Around A While

Above all, my absolute favorite thing in the entire world is to take my dogs out for a day of horseback riding. My pups usually stick pretty close to me, and it gets us all out into the nice, fresh air. If my little MD x gets tired, I just put him in a special saddlebag I had made just for him and carry on. If I feel the "need for speed", I make sure to leave him with my Dad. The big dogs keep up just fine. Ever try penning a white tail deer? I do every chance I get; Never succeeded, but its fun. The dogs have a blast chasing rabbits and gophers and I get to have some alone time. Total win-win situation.
shell is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs