Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs » Tire Tigger or Die Trying

Old 09-09-2008, 01:46 PM   #11
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerdad View Post
What about agility or hearding? That would work both his mind and body.

I dont have any land + critters for him to herd, but I might soon, because I am looking for a house with a few acers and want to get some thing small like goats or sheep (not sure yet...) something I can produce something with...not sure what critter I want, I dont want cows because they are too big...maybe Turkeys LOL But I dont know how well those would be herded :P

I have a set of agility equipment but hes too young to do that yet. I have 12 weaves, tetter-totter 24' tunnel, pause box, tire jump, jumps...but hardly any room to set it up in my back yard and just leave it....such a hassel and hes too young to do that because of hips, needs to be 1 year old, can do pause box and tunnel, simple stuff...

=)
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #12
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlezxMama View Post
I agree with dobie! You can excercise him first to try and tire out his body, but then I'd do some training or something, that require him to use his brain, and then, at the end, i'd do games like dobe said, that excerise both body and mind..

And keep in mind, he's just a pup..they have never ending energy. My Gizmo doesn't ever wanna stop either, only on the nights that he goes to the offleash park and he gets to rigorously play with the other dogs..for some reason, that really tires him out. Do you have any of those?

Maybe a kong in the crate would do him good too..that usually will occupy a pup for a loooong time..

Ya he is a puppy still...I keep forgetting because he is so BIG, hard to see him as a puppy...but he is @_@ LOL

He has TONS of toys I switch out for his crate time...gosh our house looks like a 2 year old lives there but only ...dog toys instead of kid toys!!!

I do need to do mental games with him, I have been slacking off with that, more conserned with him burning energy. LOL
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #13
zorasdad
Been Around A While

I agree with exersizing thed mind! I have taught dogs left and right back up. the treat when doing this catching a ball. Me sitting down relaxing.
a working dog is a happy dog
zorasdad is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs