Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » Spring Contest-a Fun One
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:26 PM   #31
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
*Hope its not to late to submit

Junior:

My pooch has enhanced my life in many ways. First and most importantly he has given me a much more wider view of the real dog world. For about 9 years I was dog-less. I had moved into a house that didn't allow dogs and for four years I didn't really care. But for some reason my interest in dogs and wolves increased. I think it started I met little Junior. I was asked to dog sit him while the owners were away. I guess puppy Junior was interesting to be around with. Since then I looked forward to going and seeing him. Slowly I started reading books for fun like White Fang, then I started getting into books that taught things about dogs, and I tried to apply my knowledge to any behavior that Junior exhibited. Then later *about two years after I met him, I asked if I can walk him around, since he was chained up all day. Our bond grew stronger. During those days Junior enhanced my life by giving me a joy that was unparalled, for instance, he would sometimes escape from where he lived and would be at my house (only a block or two away), one time he rushed in the door when my family opened it...he had been waiting there! He rushed in and jumped straight on my bed.lol. The day I found out we had to move, I felt a pain I never really expirienced before... I had to leave this awesome dog behind to an owner that didn't really meet his physical needs... We moved away about 5 miles away. And you know what? I walked those 5 miles to get to where Junior was, and walked him during my vacations. I was tired but it was worth seeing his enthusiastic face when I came to his house with his lead in hand.

Later his owner asked me if I wanted to take him with me. I was over excited. So while Junior was not living with me he taught me a different kind of joy, and a different kind of pain.

He has enhanced my life by really teaching me what it is to have a responsibility on your shoulder. I had to fix and be responsible for his actions.

He adds humor to life everyday. He find a silly way to bark, or to roll, or to jump that is granted to put a smile on anyones face.

He is always there when we come back home, he's always wagging his silly little tail and howling like there is no tomorrow. And of course all of us howl back. *yeah I know a little silly*

Besides joy, Junior has really given me some scares, a way of teaching me that life isn't all fun and games. Times when he is vomiting, depressed, or illness like these, make me worry alot. And when he manages to escape, I really feel a knot in my throat, thinking just about anything. In times like these, I don't care if its cold, raining, muddy, hot, or dark I will go out looking for him, risking coyotes, skunks, whatever. I will not sleep until I've found him. So in a way he has enhanced my life by teaching me to be selfless, and think of others well being before your own.

Hehehe I think that cynology-wise, he's taught me that you can't go by what the book says. It doesn't always work and you have to be one step ahead of your pooch. So I've learned to create ways to solve problems that books make seem so easy to solve.

One last way he's enhanced my life, is that he is my motivation to join sites like these and meet people such as yourselves.

Well I could go on but don't wish to put you to sleep.lol.
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Old 05-31-2008, 10:54 PM   #32
starry8740
Been Around A While

Send a message via ICQ to starry8740
Star has enhanced my life in many ways. Growing up life wasn't easy for me because I was always hated in school and I had lots of trouble with getting along because all the girls were allowed to date, have make-up and stuff in 5th grade and my mom never let me do that stuff until I turned 16. Well my only best friend during them 6 years I was in public school. He was the only one who understood me because my mom could of cared less about playing with me and my dad and I didn't get along to well during that time so star had always been there for me when I was all alone. Star has been with me since kindergarden and delt with my every emotion and my first friendship that was broken, my first boyfriend and my first heartacke of a boy who dumped me. He has been there for everything and he hasn't had a health issue all his life, he is 13 years old and for him to be that old and that active is truley amazing. I know he is my gardian angel sent to me by God. I have no doubt, he has never bitten me.

When we were looking for adopting a dog we went to many shelters and my mom always said no to most dog breeds because there temperment wasn't good for kids or they were to big for her liking and we went to the last place to look for a dog and my mom said if we didn't find one, we were not going to get one. Well I was walking down the kennel and I see this white puffy dog with a curly tail and he was soo cute, I put my hand into touch it and my mom said "No, he might bite" well there was another dog in with Star. It was a black lab and he went to bite me and Star pushed him over to the side and licked me. Star saved me from being bitten and possbily needing stitches and I looked into Star's eyes and he looked into mine and I knew then, he was the one for me. Well my mom didn't want him because he was part Eskie and she always herd them breeds were snippy and said we look around for a golden or collie mix and I said No, I wanted Star and i wasnt leaving until I got him. So my mom gave in and she went to the lady who was running the shelter. Well she said , "oh that dog, nobody wants him, we have people adopt him and then bring him back because he isn't very well trained." Then she said that he was due to be put to sleep in 2 hours. Well my mom debated it for a while and I said, he saved my life, now its my turn to save his life and my mom finally gave in and we bought him. He was $170.00 dollars and every bit of it was worth it. He was a year old when we got him and he wasn't nutered and he was still gentle. He has been with me ever since, it was true love. He has been the nicest dog and even when my ex-boyfriend accidently fell and sat on his paw, star yelped but licked him.

Star has enhanced my life in many ways, being a good friend, loving, kind and above all saved me from being bitten. He is a real hero and he may not be a purebred that can compete for "best in show" or be to stubborn to do agility and he maybe to active to become a therapy dog but he don't need an award to show he is a good friend. He shows it everyday just by holding onto life for me and licking me. He is the best friend anyone could ask for and without him, my heart would die. That is why he has enhanced my life in many ways!
~Star my eskie/golden mix~

www.youtube.com/starry8740 &
www.youtube.com/friends4life8740
Daniel & Carrie + Star = Forever

When one door closes another WILL open, and its usually something better.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:38 PM   #33
tweety3030
New Around Here

Smile how my dog enchanced my life

well let me start at the beginning, i had diamonds dad bubba and i wanted to breed him once and i had a friend who had a beautiful german shepherd and i knew her parents and the personilty and i wanted to have a even tempered dog like bubba and i found it in her so i decided to breed and get pick of the litter when she gave birth and three weeks later i got diamond-lil and she been with me now going on nine years and she went from protecting me to helping me as an assistance dog and she knows the different between when she needs to proctect to helping me walk.she has learn really fast on helping me walk and letting me know when ia m going to have a muscle spasms and gets me ready and then i can be sitting in a chair or by a wall so i dont fall.because if her i feel safe when i go out shopping when me and my dad go out and i can go one way andhe know i will be safe with diamond and he can go his way to shop for what he wants and i can go and get what i needed.i can be independed now with out being limited by my disability.
Closed Thread

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM