Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » Fall Drawing Contest

Old 10-22-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Fall Drawing Contest

For the next month - until Nov. 22, everyone is welcome to enter the fall contest. As usual, at the end, I will draw 5 winners. The prizes will consist of 2 subscriptions to Whole Dog Journal, 2 paintings, 1 subscription to Your Dog.

Write a story about some situation that you and/or your dog experienced from the dog's perspective. (for me it could be from my dogs' perspective about "why mom brought home another puppy Each one of my dogs would have a different take I am sure).
You can put different stories from different dogs. Have fun. Next month, we will do the pictures of different expressions. Then, we may do a contest where we put up pictures of different sites within a state or city that people could possibly identify. This would be interesting because of all the different geographical locales of our members.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE BIG FUN
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Dis is Grizz-Bang and I'd likes to file a complaint. Yesterday, da skin-momma, she started tearing da house apart and moving all of da furniture. NOT just da people furniture, her even moved MY bed!! Her gots da sucky ting out and confiscated Libby's stash of biscuit crumbs wid it, and den her says "where's YOUR stash Mr. Grizz-Bang?"....like I'd tells her! She tooks the big comfy sofa and cleaned out all da treats under da cushions, and her was trying to get dem wid da sucky ting and I were trying to get da treats before her did and I gots my tongue caught in dat sucky ting! Da skin-mom LAFFED at me!!! She laffed and laffed and tells me to go eat out of da dog fud bowl if I's hungry! Of all da nerve!! Like I don't knows da difference between regular dog fud and da GOOD stuff. She don't know what treasure is if it jump up an bit her in da a...er..da face! So, after I gots my tongue back from dat sucky ting, I goes down down da hall and lays dere wid my back to her. I cud not watch as her was destroying all of dem really good hiding places fer treats. Her eben found my spot behind da curtains! All dem treats...gone furever...
So as I were laying dere pouting just a little, her comes along and says "move it big guy"...like I is some obersized lump of fur wid no feelings...and her got da ONE liddle piece of cat fud dat I had found before she got it wid da sucky ting and took it from me! Right from under my paw!! Nuthing is sacred to her! Nuthing!! My treats is all GONE! She took dem all and now dere is NONE!
And her says "get over it". Her is da one dat needs to get over it. I's gonna find some BETTER hiding places...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grizzyr.jpg (58.3 KB, 118 views)

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Shells_k
Been Around A While

lol that was so cute Ann!

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
that was great ann too lyka, faith and winston are just brushing up on their typing skills and they are going to paste their stories too.
if your house looks like its been hit by a tornado your owned by a dobermann RIP Lyric, Caito, Daimler, Autumn, Hope and Archie see you at Rainbow Bridge My heart is broken, all of you gone in one year, run free, play hard and wait for me.
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
dogsrme
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to dogsrme Send a message via Yahoo to dogsrme
It was eleven at night when I herd all the commotion. It was awful! Grandfather stumbling around the house knocking things over, trying to make it to the bathroom. It was no luck he fell right there in the middle of the hall to the ground and threw up. He laid there downstairs holding onto his chest crying. The first time I ever seen him cry I knew something was up. I was only a pup then and I didn't know much about anything, I just barley was potty trained. I couldn't bare to leave him like that so I ran up the stairs and went to grammas rooms. Well the door was shut like it always was to keep me from jumping in the bed during the night so I sat down pawing at the door barking my head off. She didn't reply, she was one who was a heavy sleeper and even the smell of smoke wouldn't wake her. So I went in my owner Patrick's bedroom to wake him up. He had thumbs, he could open grandmas door and wake her up. So I backed up to the door and I ran as fast as I could and leaped up on top of his bed and started barking. Obediently, he arose asking what was wrong and I grabbed his shirt with my mouth pulling him a little to show him I needed to show him something and FAST! He got the idea and ran downstairs to find his dad laying unconscious on the floor in puke. Patrick started to panic, racing upstairs opening his mothers door and waking her up. He then raced down and called for an ambulance, while I sat there supervising the old man, making sure he was still breathing. five minutes later they came and took him away to the hospital. I sat at home waiting and waiting by the door in anticipation and praying that he would be safe. I fell asleep about two hours later and awoke and hear them all coming home. Patrick went back up to bed and his dad laid on the couch trying to catch a breath. So I walked up to bed with Patrick and he tried to go back to bed. I could tell that was a useless idea he was to worked up, I licked his face letting him know I was there to listen to him. Then he spilled! How the doctors said nothing was wrong with him and it was just not feeling well and gave him morphine and sent him home. Something was wrong, something more than that! Them doctors didn't know what they were doing.

It was now about four o' clock when it happened again. The screams he was making, holding onto his heart. Patrick and his mother both woke up and the awful pitches of screaming. His mom knew then that there was something more than just pains and they all got in the car rushing him to the hospital once again. The same doctors looked at him, shooting up more morphine saying it was just pains and telling her to stop worrying. Patrick sad in the waiting room crying. The doctors were changing out, while better ones came in and said they needed to life flight him to the nearest hospital which was in Pittsburgh because he was having a heart attack. Patrick got sent home with his aunt while his mom went to the hospital in Pittsburgh which was over an hour drive. The next day, I could tell my wonderful owner was still scared so I helped him wait for his mom to call with the news. I watched Patrick do the daily farm chores and his dads chores so that nothing got behind, but that phone was closely attached to his side. The phone call came around 10 in the morning and my mom said he had two heart attacks. The first one was when I found him laying in puke.

I will never forget that horrid night, seeing my owner frightened and realized death could not be far away. The fear and sadness in his eye that I help comfort.

**Just a simple country boy with a dog**

"I wanna stop and ask your name, take a pic of your pretty face, shout to heaven,
steal a kiss, lay the world at your thrown, I wanna beg you to be mine, for the rest of both our lives, instead I catch my breath, shake my head and walk on"
dogsrme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Warm and fuzzies. Warm and fuzzies. Momma big warm and fuzzies, daddy bigger warm and fuzzies, lots of little warm and fuzzies my bro bros. Warm and fuzzies thats what I likes, warm and fuzzies...mmm nap time...warm...and...fuzzies....zzzzzzz...zzzz....z zz...z....

Wakies up warm and fuzzies! Play time wif warm and fuzzies! All bros warm and fuzzies, roll and play, roll and play!

YELP!

Warm and fuzzie bro bite my fuzzy bum! Which one was it! I cant tell my bros appart...all warm and fuzzies, black and white! Silly warm and fuzzies! I bite warm and fuzzie bro bum back! Rawr! Im the roughest toughest warm and fuzzie around! Uhh ohh big momma warm and fuzzie come pick me up by my fuzzie neck. He started it!

Big non fuzzie thing come pick me up, smelly funny, no warm and fuzzie! Me no like no warm and fuzzies. Put me down put me down...okay it put me down. Take bro warm and fuzzie...wha...they take my warm and fuzzie away...

Soon no warm and fuzzie bros to play wif, only one left, big momma fuzzie and daddy fuzzie and one bro fuzzie and me...I want to stay wif my fuzzies....

Now silly no fuzzies come pick me up wif long stringy fuzzie wanna be hair...yuck put me down no fuzzies put me down... wha..this..I go in shiney white thing in...in...cold box...where my fuzzies

YELP

YELP

YELP!

Where my warm and fuzzies. Where?!?! I want my warm and fuzzies!

YELP!

YELP!

YELP!

All the way...yelp yelp yelp, me want my warm and fuzzies!

Now I come out of white shiney thing and box, and in new no fuzzie place...where I see funny fuzzie...wanna... play? Skinny long...fuzzie not so muchie....but still fuzzie...what...all fuzzie little fuzzie...3 fuzzies so small...mmm this is okay, I gots little fuzzie wanna be things to play with now. And a fun non fuzzie to play with me now!

I so happy big fuzzie now!
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
Weesha1717
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Weesha1717
Hi everyone I'm Marley & this is my & mommy's story. I can’t tell you enough about the incredible bond mommy & I have. So I guess I will just woof you back in time & tell you about my day of freedom. There I sat in urine & fecal matter soaked cage from hell. My coat..oh my coat was lemony yellow & the mats that formed were so sore. It was just another day in the life of a puppy-mill dog. But, today wasn’t like any other day; it was going to be fantastic. Mommy came for her first time to "auction" to see for her self the cruelty that goes on. I came to be sold. 17 of my fellow mill-mates were being auction off also, "breeder-sell out". I guess no one liked shelties at the time..and yorkie's and foo-foo breeds were the new thing. But, that wasn’t the only thing on my mind..I was terrified. It was my turn.."SLAM" I was smashed onto the auction table by my back fur. I stood there with my eyes held tight & my whole body trembling with terror. I dare not peek. All I could here was the auctioneer rambling. The next thing I knew I was picked up again by my back fur and put back into the hell cage. There I sat for 3 more hours. Then to my surprise I wasn’t loaded into a truck or another hell cage..I ....I...I was put into a crate with a dog bed & food! OMG FOOOOOD I love food!!! I was so scared where I would end up next I had an accident on myself...by then I smelled even more like a urinal. I could hear talking not, screaming, evil voices...but happy, soft voices. I looked up there she was...MY MOMMY!" When we got back up to the shelter, all the fosters picked up there puppy-mill dog to foster..and I was picked. She looked at me so joyously & from that moment we both somehow knew I wasn’t going anywhere. And, from that day on I stole the heart of a daddy who said "NO MORE DOGS!"..Whats one more right? Together was shared many moments...Mommy helped me share my first ever walk. She watched me learn what it meant to be "house trained", I never ever ever would dare use my voice at the mill...so she watched me one day open my little throat and "BARK!" To my surprise she didn’t scream yell & smack my cage..She Laughed! And, from that day on I have never stopped using my voice...mommy said I sound so wussy...but what-ever mom! She watched me not to long ago stop on a walk & smell...I take my time now on walks..I need to smell all the scents I have never dreamed of before! We share special moments like after I go potty I jump up into mommies arms for a small walk in mommies arms around the block..just as she held me for weeks after she first got me to show me around this big world. Mommy & I are very excited about SNOW! Oh wow, I heard it’s so cold...but..I don’t care!!! And, Christmas!! Mommy mentioned something about Santa Paws??!!! I wonder if he likes to play???!!!

July 2008

October 20008

Having fun enjoying the West...One adventure after another!
Weesha1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Hey! Hi! Howdy!! I'm DeeOhGee! Can I lick your face?? Can I? Can I?? No? Oh...okay. WOW!!! What a day! Sure you don't want a lick?? Okay, okay...
Did I tell you hi?? HI! Hey, I went to this fun place today! Hey! You raised your eyebrow...is that a secret code for KISS ME???!?? HUH?? I will! I'd be happy to! No??...okay...where was I....oh yeah...this happy place...I went there today! I got a bath, nails trimmed, a blow dry...Shut-up Grizz!!...and they brushed me and rubbed my skin and brushed me some more! Hey, did you want a kiss? You look like you could use one! I'll do it! No?? okay...let's see...this really nice lady brushed me and I think I fell asleep standing up and when I did wake up she let me lick her face! Hey! Can I kiss you too?? I like to kiss! Momma says I'm a kissin' fool! whatever that means...but did you want one?? A kiss? Little one?? Please? No? okay...wow...I feel like I have springs in my legs! What a great day! Mamma came and picked me up from that nice place where they rubbed my skin and brushed me and I did the tigger bounce and she laughed and said "okay" which means she really really wants me to kiss her, so I did! I kissed her, then I jumped up and kissed the groomer lady...well, I meant to, but I kissed some man that was standing where I thought the groomer lady was. Did you want a kiss?? I can give kisses all day! Just a lick on your cheek?? Just one??....no?...okay...anyway, we came home after that happy place and Momma brought all the other dogs out and she got the ball!! I LOVE that ball!! Hey? Did you want a kiss??? Please??...no??....okay...so we played ball but Grizz-Bang kept trying to sniff my hair cause he KNEW Momma had taken me someplace nice and ...wait....did I give you a kiss yet?? Want one?? No?...oh..okay...Wow...I've had the best day! Momma says I gotta go run in the yard some more before I can come in the house...see ya...wait!...wanna little kiss??? no??...you're sure???...okay...maybe next time...bye!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
Dis is Grizz-Bang and I'd likes to file a complaint. Yesterday, da skin-momma, she started tearing da house apart and moving all of da furniture. NOT just da people furniture, her even moved MY bed!! Her gots da sucky ting out and confiscated Libby's stash of biscuit crumbs wid it, and den her says "where's YOUR stash Mr. Grizz-Bang?"....like I'd tells her! She tooks the big comfy sofa and cleaned out all da treats under da cushions, and her was trying to get dem wid da sucky ting and I were trying to get da treats before her did and I gots my tongue caught in dat sucky ting! Da skin-mom LAFFED at me!!! She laffed and laffed and tells me to go eat out of da dog fud bowl if I's hungry! Of all da nerve!! Like I don't knows da difference between regular dog fud and da GOOD stuff. She don't know what treasure is if it jump up an bit her in da a...er..da face! So, after I gots my tongue back from dat sucky ting, I goes down down da hall and lays dere wid my back to her. I cud not watch as her was destroying all of dem really good hiding places fer treats. Her eben found my spot behind da curtains! All dem treats...gone furever...
So as I were laying dere pouting just a little, her comes along and says "move it big guy"...like I is some obersized lump of fur wid no feelings...and her got da ONE liddle piece of cat fud dat I had found before she got it wid da sucky ting and took it from me! Right from under my paw!! Nuthing is sacred to her! Nuthing!! My treats is all GONE! She took dem all and now dere is NONE!
And her says "get over it". Her is da one dat needs to get over it. I's gonna find some BETTER hiding places...
LOL!! OMG that is hilarious. And the pic...I could really see him thinking that. I wish we knew what they were thinking. Thanks for the story it really made me laugh.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
Hey! Hi! Howdy!! I'm DeeOhGee! Can I lick your face?? Can I? Can I?? No? Oh...okay. WOW!!! What a day! Sure you don't want a lick?? Okay, okay...
Did I tell you hi?? HI! Hey, I went to this fun place today! Hey! You raised your eyebrow...is that a secret code for KISS ME???!?? HUH?? I will! I'd be happy to! No??...okay...where was I....oh yeah...this happy place...I went there today! I got a bath, nails trimmed, a blow dry...Shut-up Grizz!!...and they brushed me and rubbed my skin and brushed me some more! Hey, did you want a kiss? You look like you could use one! I'll do it! No?? okay...let's see...this really nice lady brushed me and I think I fell asleep standing up and when I did wake up she let me lick her face! Hey! Can I kiss you too?? I like to kiss! Momma says I'm a kissin' fool! whatever that means...but did you want one?? A kiss? Little one?? Please? No? okay...wow...I feel like I have springs in my legs! What a great day! Mamma came and picked me up from that nice place where they rubbed my skin and brushed me and I did the tigger bounce and she laughed and said "okay" which means she really really wants me to kiss her, so I did! I kissed her, then I jumped up and kissed the groomer lady...well, I meant to, but I kissed some man that was standing where I thought the groomer lady was. Did you want a kiss?? I can give kisses all day! Just a lick on your cheek?? Just one??....no?...okay...anyway, we came home after that happy place and Momma brought all the other dogs out and she got the ball!! I LOVE that ball!! Hey? Did you want a kiss??? Please??...no??....okay...so we played ball but Grizz-Bang kept trying to sniff my hair cause he KNEW Momma had taken me someplace nice and ...wait....did I give you a kiss yet?? Want one?? No?...oh..okay...Wow...I've had the best day! Momma says I gotta go run in the yard some more before I can come in the house...see ya...wait!...wanna little kiss??? no??...you're sure???...okay...maybe next time...bye!
LOL...I think you should write some children's books with your stories. They would be great.
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM