Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » What kind of pet product?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #11
mommieofmany
Site Regular

Retractable Tie Out!!

This is not something that I need now, but, when I had my mini pin and before our fence was up. He would want out ALL the time and he didn't know he was less than a foot tall. LOL So, I thought that it would be nice to have a retractable tie out that I could mount, below or beside the door, that way I could always see him, but he could be outside whenever he wanted.
mommieofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #12
Danielle
Been Around A While

How about this, a heavy duty, chew proof, rain proof, outdoor monitor screen that is encased in perspex. It would be mounted outside but still portable.

You would also have a linking device about the size of a mobile phone that you would take to work with you and put up on your desk facing you. You would then switch it on and it would remotely connect with the home monitor so that way you and your dog can watch and talk to each other all day. If pooch gets lonely all hed have to do is walk over to his screen and he could watch mum or dad hard at work.

I think this device would help a great deal with dogs who have seperation anxiety. Its better than the internet one because it can be left on all day without using your work computer and because it is outdoor you dont neccessarily have to leave your pooch inside to see the computer.

Also its good because you can see what mischief they are getting up to and correct them as it would have sound as an optional extra.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #13
mommieofmany
Site Regular

That is an AWESOME idea!! I need one of those!! LOL
mommieofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #14
Dingolady1
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Dingolady1
I need dog toys that are strong.
I would love a line of dog toys that takes about 6 months to make a dent in.
It would contain a squeeker to keep dingoes happy.
It takes about 30 seconds for the average dingo now

Another idea is a frozen toy line. It could be put in the freezer the night before and put out when owners go to work.
this would keep the dog cool and happy....

A frozen ice cream container full of ice works well....
Dingolady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:30 AM   #15
k9mania
Administrator

Are Dingos chewers?
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #16
Danielle
Been Around A While

Um, well put it this way K9, my smithy is half dingo and she chews through leashes, collars, toys, she has eaten our underground irrigation system, she has eaten through our aluminium gazebo, she chews up our clothes and her bed, shoes, my tent ropes and metal poles when we go camping, she eats ice cubes like its goin out of fashion, um, the list goes on, they have some strange uncontrollable urge to chew everything in sight! lol!
Ive had to resort to buying her a steel chain leash (cuz she chewed the rest) but that doesnt stop her from trying, she will gnaw on that steel till the cows come home! The vet has checked her teeth and mouth and shes in perfect health, she just likes to chew!

Danni.
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:42 PM   #17
Dingolady1
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Dingolady1
sounds like my dingoes
Dingolady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #18
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
I want to create a ball to be the perfect dogsitter for the smart dogs that need constant attention and stimulation.
It would be like those treat balls they have already that dumps out treats when dogs push them around.
Unlike that though this ball would dump out golf balls.(one of Ellie's favorite toys) It would have to be made of hard plastic, it would have approx. three golf balls inside, so it would have to be large. There would be holes for the golf balls to come out of when the dog roles it around.
This ball would also have a large one way whole in it. It would have to be covered by some sort of flexible rubber. It would be so the dog could put the golf balls back into the ball by themselves.
I thought of this idea because Ellie is constantly putting golf balls in shoes, boxes, anything she can get her mouth on. Once the golf ball is inside she will carry it around a while then try to get the golf ball out again.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:06 AM   #19
k9mania
Administrator

Now that would keep most dogs busy. Some big dogs might swallow them But there does need to be more interactive balls/toys so that dogs left home don't become behavior problems from boredom. Keep up the great ideas.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:38 PM   #20
buggis
Been Around A While

Too many times, I have seen dogs locked up in cars, windows shut tight, in the middle of summer. To protect these dogs from their careless and ignorant owners, I would invent some sort of automated, air conditioning devise for cars that would kick in if 1) a heart beat is detected in the vehicle and 2) the temperature in the car goes above 75 degrees. I would market this product to car manufacturers as a safety feature that should be standard in all vehicles -- not only to protect our beloved pets, but also children who are often victims to their parents stupidity and negligence.
buggis is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM