Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » #1 What kind of pet service?

Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #21
schutzhund
New Around Here

I would to start up a business that provides allot of different things, everything to do with dogs.

Poop picker upper
Dog walking
Dog sitting
Dog obedience on site

and after reading the items in the forum, perhaps dealing with death or helping deal with having to put down a pet.

I think to make a living, a person would have to incorporate as many things as possible. Any ideas? Any suggestions..thanks
schutzhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 PM   #22
k9mania
Administrator

Interesting. I think you are correct that you need to incorporate a number of things. But you need to make sure that they would not conflict with each other. Like pooper scooper and dog walker would work if you could get the people to do both. Then you are getting paid for 2 services.

Think of other services people that need dog walking or pooper scooper might need that have nothing to do with dogs. They are busy people who care and want time for their dogs. Shopping etc. Also remember that lots of baby boomers own dogs and will get less mobile and need services.

I believe that a grief counseling type service would take some training/education. Meaning in human grief counseling there are certain steps they try and help you through. I have enrolled my aunt's grandchildren and it is really helping. Their mom is going too. It takes training to truly help people get through their grief in a healthy manner. But does not mean could not get training through hospice and then utilize it for people who have lost pets. Not a bad idea
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #23
muddypaws
New Around Here

the best holiday ever...

well, what i would do, is start a new kind of holiday. a whole chain of doggy friendly places to stay - not just your usual dog friendly cottage, but a place where you could stay with your dog and therefore not have to kennel your beloved pet. there would be daily events for you to become involved in to perhaps include - dog agility classes, dog training, scent work, walking to heel, all aimed at fulfilling the dog and owner with a more rewarding and fulfilling experience whilst on holiday and relaxing.. whilst learining about new ways to gain a closer bond with your dog - perhaps even a doggy spa with hydrotherapy treatments for arthritic or hip displacia suffers?

and how about combining gaining a certificate and award for the dog and owner who have come on the most during the week?

you could meet other owners and share experiences, or even do a doggy challenge for the day?
muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #24
schutzhund
New Around Here

I agree a doggy day care with training whether it be basic obedience, off leash, scent work, foundation work for flyball, agility..or whatever..along this line, would be groomng..I think grooming would go well with this type of operation.

My problem is start up money for a place, equipment, insurance, marketing, hiring and then money to hold over for the first couple of months ( hopefully) ..my previous post, I believe you will not have to have much of a bankroll to get started. Just my thoughts...
schutzhund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #25
puppywalker
Been Around A While

I would love to start a business with a group people that have well behaved dogs,any breed,that had spare time to go round to all the elderly people.
Who once had dogs and who would love to have one now but maybe for a number of reason cannot,ie landlord would not allow them to have a dog stay,to infirm to walk them,did not have the finances to own one,maybe could not cope full time with a dog but still love them..

It would be so nice that i could advertise all over our area.

We could have a central number,where they could give us a ring and also maybe pick the breed of dog they love best,then i could contact that person with that dog if we had it on our books,to go round for a few hours, or a day and let that person spend time with them and their dog
For a small donation but do not put a price on it as long as it covered the petrol or diesel ,so that no one would be discriminated against.It is hard enough to manage on a pension
Not only would that elderly person have the joy of being able to spend time with that dog,but also have the company of the owner too

Last edited by puppywalker : 01-24-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Jody Guide Dog Pup in Training and Chloe My Chocolate Girly

http://www.labrescuecaithness.co.uk/
puppywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #26
dogsingreen
New Around Here

I would like to have a mobile vet service that tends to pets on special treatments. Like allergy shots, IV fluid treatment, chemo, anything that could be done at home. So many times the trip to the vet office is more difficult on the pet than the actual treatment. Also on the owner. There are many things that could be done in this way. The mobile vet could work in conjunction with your regular vet to make sure all treatments were properly administered and the pet would only have to go to the vet office at the end of treatment or to see if it needs adjusting. The mobile vet doesn't provide regular care or diagnosis, just carries out the vets orders and monitors the pets progress. Being treated in the comfort of their own home would go a long way to ease both the pets and the owner's stress. Grief counceling would also be offered.
dogsingreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:49 AM   #27
k9mania
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppywalker View Post
I would love to start a business with a group people that have well behaved dogs,any breed,that had spare time to go round to all the elderly people.
We could have a central number,where they could give us a ring and also maybe pick the breed of dog they love best,then i could contact that person with that dog if we had it on our books,to go round for a few hours, or a day and let that person spend time with them and their dog
Great service. Does not even have to be elderly but housebound people.

Everyone "dream" "think out of the box". Just a few days left to put in a response to the service, product, or facility thread in the drawing forum. By coming up with an idea you are entered into a drawing for a life like sculpture of your dog.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM