Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM » #3 What would your facility look like? Contest

Old 01-08-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
k9mania
Administrator

[quote=Weesha1717;23695]My answer to question #3.

My facility would cater to all dog breeds, all sizes, and all ages for humans! With special services for the elderly & handicap.

Weesha how commendable that you are looking at the challenged populations. I do believe that they have designed a flyball box that can be loaded by people in wheel chairs.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #12
Dingolady1
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Dingolady1
my kennel would have three metre chainmesh walls.
Each dingo would have atleast 60 metres to enjoy.
They would have a kennel to climb on
A small pool full of fresh water lots of shade.
People to keep them entertaine,.and walked
A human house with tv etc and a heater and air conditioner.
Lots of cuddles and licks when required
Dingolady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:06 AM   #13
k9mania
Administrator

My dream is to have no less that 20 acres and near a reservoir(for swimming and/or canoeing) or back up against a forest (for more trails) and be able to work with dogs and their humans on fitness. We would have a flyball area, agility area, herding, swimming, and other activities. We would have cabins and campsites.

It would be like a health resort for both dogs and humans with organized programs going on some would be 3 days, some 1 week. Not only would it be for fitness but also to be outdoors. It could not be in too hot of a spot or too much altitude because it would make it too hard for those completely out of shape. We would work on nutrition for both, mental training, and exercise.

We would help fund the facility by having agility, herding, flyball workshops for enthusiasts of such sports. I almost bought some land in Oregon to do this. But right now I am finishing my canine massage externship and I want to take a few more classes before I start that up by going to competitive dog competitions and offering mobile massage.

There are some great ideas coming out of all of you. Those of you that are thinking about what yours would look like if you had the money..go for it and put it down. Dreaming is the only way we get out of the box
Old 01-11-2008, 01:35 AM   #14
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
MUDD E. DOG
It would be approx. 10,000 square feet. As you enter the front door there would be a desk with a gate into the large area. Bathroom to the left and right.
Between the desk and the bathroom on your left side there would be a door going into the large dog area. This would help congestion with large dogs and small dogs. If you have a small dog you go through the gate, on the other side you would see a play place for children directly to your left hand side. The play place would only be half walls with a half door to protect from dogs but also allow parents to keep an eye. Along the wall on the left there would be tables in front of a large window going half way up so you can see your large dog play while you sit and drink coffee and watch your kids play. On your right as you enter you would see the back side of the groomer room, and next to that the adoption room. Both of these rooms would have doors out the front of the facility and the back of there space. Then there would be a large space with more tables and chairs. Way on the right hand side wall would be vending machines with a coffee maker, small sink and such. If you look straight at the tables you see another glass window that leads into the small dog play area. This way you can see the little dog play and the kids play while drinking coffee sitting at the tables. Behind the small dog play area would be kennels for small dogs in a separate room. There would be a large hallway and on the other side of the hallway would be a room for large dog kennels. At the end of the hallway would be the back door leading to the play yard. A large section and a small section. Way in the back of the building on the left side would be a decent size room for parties, training, small group play for a more timid dog, and any other use you may have for it. Off of that there would be a utility room. This room would house the washer and dryer and any electrical and such items. I also thought to add on would be a cat room, ferret room, and small animal room. The cat room would have a outdoor completely fenced area for cats. The ferret room would be the same but the fencing would have to be flawless. Also added could be an outdoor play area for children with a window and fencing so dogs could not enter or be near the children playing for safety reasons of course.
It would be neat to have the money to do such a thing. Giving back to everyone in the community by providing such a wonderful building would be my ultimate dream.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #15
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
I would like to have a place it would have to be a large building but everyday it would be used as a daycare/boarding facility but in the case of a tragic desaster I would use it as a safe place for people to bring thier animals , such as hurricane, tornado, fire, flood, etc. I would probably also have a self sev dog wash for daycare customers to use and of course a grooming department. I really wish there was somewhere people could bring thier dogs in desasters though that would be awesome!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #16
buggis
Been Around A While

In Milwaukee, we have the Mitchell Park Domes. Basically, these domes are like huge green houses, with windows all around. There is a tropical dome, an arid dome, and a floral dome. So, in the middle of winter, you can take a stroll through a tropical rainforest, a desert, and a floral paradise all in one afternoon.

For years, I have been thinking how neat it would be to create a massive dome in my home town that would have a playground area, a walking trail, picnic areas, volleyball, and maybe even a small fishing pond. Because it would be indoors, the trees, plants, and grass would stay green, all year round. And, of course, our canine companions would be welcome to enjoy the domes with us. Since this facility would be open to the public, I would enforce a leash law and insist that owners clean up after their pets -- to keep things safe, clean, and fun for everyone!

Last edited by buggis : 01-12-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: grammar
buggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:04 AM   #17
k9mania
Administrator

Buggis There was a group in SF,CA that used my vet as a consultant to possible setup a sport facility for pets and humans. Running track, pools, turf (could be used for soccer etc and flyball and agility), fitness room for humans, doggie play area for K9s while humans working out. Too expensive to do here but I think something like this would fly.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
Remedy009
New Around Here

Further description of facility

For information about my facility, please view my post for Question one. This is further info on the design of the facility.

At my Zoo, the St. Louis Zoo, the caretakers of the cheetahs have rigged up a device where a rabbit or some type of bait is rigged to a string which travels a zig-zag path along the ground up to 40 - 50 mph. They say this greatly taps into the natural instincts of the cheetah, allowing it to chase and sprint after a target much as it would in the wild. I donít see why this same means of releasing the inner cat canít be applied to dog parks. An area could be constructed in which dogs are released and encouraged to chase the selected bait.

I believe a dog facility should have excercises and activities aimed at nurturing the natural traits of dogs. In the facility, trees and brush should be ample and a clean stream or pond, most probably mad made, should be present for dogís refreshment. A large sandpit should also be presentÖÖ when my dog steps in sand, itís like she becomes possessed and transforms into this crazy energetic dog. She loves it. But of all things I could wish for for a dog exercise facility, I would wish for a great location. Because most dog owners will never take their dog to a park or exercise facility if itís not convenient.
Remedy009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:44 AM   #19
buggis
Been Around A While

Remedy 009: There is a company near us that runs a lure course like you describe for dogs. They hook a plastic bag to this rig that runs on a wire. The dogs chase the thing around a field. Actually, the picture of Bear that you see is one of him chasing this thing. It is really fun to watch, and of course, the dogs love it, too! You can see some of the photos at: http://allcreaturesphoto.com
buggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:47 AM   #20
Remedy009
New Around Here

cool! I didn't know that. Thanks
Remedy009 is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > DRAWING FORUM