Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club » Welcome to The Canine Book Club Forum

Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 AM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Welcome to The Canine Book Club Forum

I love reading books on dog behavior. It always reminds me that my K9 companions are dogs, not psuedo people. There are so many videos and books on dog training and behavior. And oh, those great dog stories that make great bedtime reading. On this forum, you can provide your views on a book and discuss it with others. More importantly, it may stimulate more interest in reading books that provide professionals that provide dog related services and responsible owners with different schools of thought that can enhance their ability to deal with different situations.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #2
Unregistered

Smile hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9mania
I love reading books on dog behavior. It always reminds me that my K9 companions are dogs, not psuedo people. There are so many videos and books on dog training and behavior. And oh, those great dog stories that make great bedtime reading. On this forum, you can provide your views on a book and discuss it with others. More importantly, it may stimulate more interest in reading books that provide professionals that provide dog related services and responsible owners with different schools of thought that can enhance their ability to deal with different situations.
I like the BBS,and it's more ebooks about pet dogs.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
ldyharley
New Around Here

dog books

I have slews of books on dogs and have enjoyed reading them. I also have slews of video tapes on dog training including Cesar Milan's first video. I stopped watching him when the show changed it's time slot but he is just one of thousands of trainers to learn from. I think it depends on what type of training you want for your dog and what suits your lifestyle. Being a dog trainer myself, I have to say that no matter what type of training a dog owner wants, basic obedience is the first step. Without that, advanced training just can't be done.
I like the E-books as well and have a few of those. Most of my research however, has been from the Internet.
ldyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #4
hwm
New Around Here

Send a message via AIM to hwm
new book

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9mania View Post
for all you dog lovers who enjoy playing with their dog, read, Party tricks for dogs, for the most unusual and amusing book, now available via the web
hwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
lavenderlil
Been Around A While

attachment theory

Have any of you read James Bowlby's The making+breaking of affectionate bonds.In this book he bases his theory on attachment on monkeys to their significant other.That is was supposedly thought that only humans have emotions hmm! He reconed dogs had no emotions I tend to disagree he would need to live in my house to see siblin rivelly
Lavender Lil
lavenderlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwm View Post
for all you dog lovers who enjoy playing with their dog, read, Party tricks for dogs, for the most unusual and amusing book, now available via the web
I have that one. I liked it.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club