Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club » Where The Redfern Grows - Greatest Book Ever!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #11
nikk
Been Around A While

BuckShot, that was one of my favs in school. I did a book-report on it got an A. Still love reading it and watching the movie. Sorry, to hear about the tragedy. It bites the big one when It is totally out of your hands.
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #12
J. Hall
Banned

Thumbs up reply

You all R THE BEST
J. Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:43 AM   #13
johnanddoggies
Been Around A While

where the red fern grows is one of the bigest infuences on how I train my dogs. love loyality and trust espicaly because when lives depend on them you need to have a dog that will follow you to the ends of the earth ive had jethro in some very dangrous places repelling out of hellecopters avalanche areas and some places we just wont talk about.i think this book is a must for every working dog owner.
johnanddoggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:15 AM   #14
johnanddoggies
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
The crazy thing is my Ol'Dan lost his life to a bear, Thus the reason why I will never in my life have anything to do with using a dog to kill. And the bad thing was I wasnt even there he died without me by his side. My Ol' dan Was burried in Idaho Mtns. I have never spoke to the gentlemen who were there that day, Im affraid to The thuaght of the entire ordeal just really makes no sense I allowed for him to go huntin he died and in the end it was my fault. I do hope Ol'Dan will forgive me Poor Boy I miss him dearly>............
you must rember you will always be by ole dans side. many times I had to have jethro or gunter work with another rescue worker whenever I was hurt or if the search area was too big I always worried especialy during the trade center incident I dont like to talk about this much but I hope it will help us both. well during this mess gunter had to work with another rescue worker most of the time because trying to work two dogs was impossible there. I dident always know where gunter was but I know he was doing his job and they love it a few years later he died of canser and i always thought it was from letting him go into that mess now jethro has it to and those same feelings keep creeping up but i rember where ever they go or have been we will always have that connection and I know that in you hart ole dan was doing his job keeping everyone safe by doing his job.he not only forgives you but thanks you for letting him be your dog.
johnanddoggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #15
J. Hall
Banned

Thanks so much
Old 10-29-2007, 06:43 AM   #16
dallas
Site Regular

Better than Old Yeller? Better than Beautiful Joe?
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I cried all day when I finished that book. I think I was like 12. I couldn't even talk to anybody. My dad asked me if I was doing drugs. Funny now, not so much then, but it is a great book
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:59 AM   #18
J. Hall
Banned

yes its very sad what happens But it makes you stronger almost preperation for what is indeffinite. Makes you wonder I am reading this book to my 6 and my 5 year old and they love it! I will need them to be strong and full of understanding when miss Anne passes or one of the others. They so far are very aware of "OUR"Dan being gone But ive yet to tell them and I will wait quite awhile to tell them but this book is good all together. Id say put it on your christmas list if you dont already own the book. James
Old 11-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #19
puppydogcare
New Around Here

I have to get a hold of this book. I love Ol Yeller too! It's a great book.
puppydogcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #20
2animalcomp2GerSheps
Been Around A While

Unhappy Where the Red Fern Grows

I haven't read the book, But I did see the movie. And bought it. Then I found the sequal to it and bought that movie too. i love the story. i cry every time I see both of them.
2animalcomp2GerSheps is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > Book Club