Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion » mistake to come back?

Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
grizzle
Been Around A While

WOW sounds like a real piece of work Ann. I get to work with puppys now and then again at one year. What a joy compaired to what I'm used to working with. Dogs like you mentioned. Just couldn't get out of it all together so this was a good fit for an old dogger...LOL
If dogs could train humans it would be a perfect world!!!
grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
grizzle
Been Around A While

By the way Ann...I know how you feel about breeders and dogs for cash. I feel the same. This gig I'm doing now is not one of those deals. I only get three to four dogs per year. She only breeds when they call and have that many clients and want to contract us for a couple dogs. I guess they ship these dogs all over the world from what I understand. I know the breeder said she had to send her breeder dogs through a battery of testing and at most one litter a year. The puppys that don't make the cut are already placed to good owners and are fixed before they leave.

Liked to see some pics of your new crew when you have time.
If dogs could train humans it would be a perfect world!!!
grizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #23
elsasmom
Been Around A While

OMG I LOVE this. Hearing from all the old regulars is like having a reunion. It's awesome to see so many familiar posts
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #24
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
I dont post much anymore either, I have been busy with all the animals and kids. I think alot of people are now posting on facebook, which I really dont do. But I do miss reading all the happy stories people used to post.

Here is whats been happening with my gang

I will be picking up a new guide dog foster for pilot dogs tomorrow, a standard poodle. We turned Emily in 3 weeks ago.

I am going to be showing Summer soon now that she is finally starting to get some coat on her. I havent decided on what show though. There is one September 8-9th but Belle's pups will only be a couple of weeks old so i dont think i want to leave them home alone that long. I may just have to wait until the November show.

I also rescued a 6-7 week old kitten, that is mostly persian. He (Casper) was kept in a garage with a bunch of other cats. He has a severe case of fleas and earmites, also has tape and round worm on top of being anemic. He is scared of people but we are working with him.

My easter egger chickens are all laying eggs now and my 2 australialorps and barred rock chicks should be laying eggs soon. My son wants to get some broiler chicks to butcher, still thinking on that one. I can clean them no problem but I dont like killing them.

Kids are all back in school now. I cant believe my son is in 11th grade now my middle son is in 6th grade, and my youngest is in 3rd They grow so fast
pics of Casper please!!!
PS I love barred rock hens. My all-time friendliest hen was a barred rock

Last edited by elsasmom : 09-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Love me; Love my dog
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Two weeks ago, I rescued a kitten too. A friend found her a rushed her to the vet. No diseases or parasites; just terrible starved. We adopted her and after a week of vomiting and runny stools, Ebony is finally thriving She gained 1 and a half pounds in 10 days and is the wildest, most lippy kitten ever.
My menagerie is currently Elsa and 4 indoor cats and 3 pampered chickens and 3 spoiled ducks (ducks are 5 years old now!)
Love me; Love my dog
Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogscrzy4ball View Post
It's nice to see some of the old gang on here again. I also check in every now and then and miss the many topics that were discussed. I'm also very busy with kids, work and pets. I still have Emma and Katy but I'm sad to say my beloved Livvy dug out of the yard one day and got hit by a car. I have since adopted a pyrenese/collie mix who is now 5 months old and her name is Jenny. We still have the horses and chickens but a few months ago a neighbor was unable to take care of her 6 week old pot belly pig so we now have him and he's also 5 months. He's soooo funny and stays on my heels all the time. Hope to hear from others. Have a good week!
Sorry to hear about Livvy.
Looking forward to pics of piggie.
Love me; Love my dog
Old 09-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #27
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
By the way Ann...I know how you feel about breeders and dogs for cash. I feel the same. This gig I'm doing now is not one of those deals. I only get three to four dogs per year. She only breeds when they call and have that many clients and want to contract us for a couple dogs. I guess they ship these dogs all over the world from what I understand. I know the breeder said she had to send her breeder dogs through a battery of testing and at most one litter a year. The puppys that don't make the cut are already placed to good owners and are fixed before they leave.

Liked to see some pics of your new crew when you have time.
I appreciate good quality breeders. I really do. The few that do it right should be commended. The others, well, I'm supposing everyone here knows how I feel about that.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #28
JessicaR
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsasmom View Post
pics of Casper please!!!
PS I love barred rock hens. My all-time friendliest hen was a barred rock
Unfortunatly we decided that Casper was not comfortable living with us. He was scared of the kids and dogs and just hid all the time. so I found him a new home with a woman whos kids all left the nest. He is doing great there, she emailed me and said he purrs all the time! The funny thing is I was so sad to see him go even though it was for the best that i told the kids no more kittens. Well on 9-11 the girl that lives down the road found a kitten in the middle of the road. They almost ran her over!! So she brought her down to me because they couldnt afford to keep her. So i now have a 4 week (approxamently) dilute calico kitten She is a little pest!! She purrs all the time, wants to be held, and likes the dogs. My husband named her Liberty (libby) in honor of 9-11.

My barred rock is not that friendly My easter eggers on the other hand are too friendly, I cant sit down on the patio chairs without at least on of them jumping on my lap! I cant even leave the slidding glass door open or they will come in the house! But man do we get lots of good eggs!

I will have to post some new pics of the gang soon.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #29
elsasmom
Been Around A While

We all need to post some pics of our current fur and feathered families
Love me; Love my dog

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > K9 Mania Dog Park > General Discussion