Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff » Update on my gang

Old 04-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

Im sorry to hear that Lex passed away. Our thoughts are with you.
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #12
elsasmom
Been Around A While

so so sorry

It's hard to hold up with a year like you've had. You have my condolences on the loss of your dear cat and all the other tragedies of late. Hang in there for the rest of your crew. They need you and you need them to console you at this time. We on this forum all understand the loss. My thoughts are with you_Marie
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
bootscar1
Been Around A While

I'm so sorry to hear all the troubles you are going through with all your best buds .... and I'm sorry to hear about Lex ...
In 2008 I had 4 small dogs and all were quite close in age in July of 2008 one was really sick and loosing body mass so I took him to the vets who told me that he had cancer all inside of him so I had to put him down he was 15.. and we called him Bud .. less than a week my other one who was 13 had a real hard time breathing so off to the vets again emergency and she also had to be put to sleep ....In Dec that same year another one of my pups who was 16 had to be put down ... when you have multiple pets for a long time and all of a sudden you are down to 1 ... man its like someone kicked you in the stomach. I swore that I would not get any more for a while and stick with just the one I had left .... my little cocker Sadie..... but you know as time goes on you forget the sadness and remember the good times and everything good about them and you move on .....

It just seems to me that we do not find our animals but our animals find us .. How lucky are they and us ! I now have 5 and all close in age and I know that I will go through all of this again but its sooooooo worth it for everything they bring to us..

Again my condolences .... for your loss .... RIP

Judy
bootscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #14
Vander
Site Regular

Update

I wanted to thank everyone for their condolences about Lex and to post an update.

Moira passed away May 17th, she fought as long as she could. I had waited 12 years to get a dog and she was worth every second of waiting, Moira was and still is my pride and joy.

Moses, my 18 year old cat, passed away June 10th. He lived long full life but in the end it still seems to short.

Zoey, my 14 year old cat, passed away on Thanksgiving, November 25th. I'm still not sure what happened, she had an appointment at the vet's office for the 26th to get shots and because she had lost weight and was starting to have problems jumping. She ended up going on the 23rd because I found an abscess in her mouth. We got antibiotics to fight the infection and were suppose to come back in 10 days to see if the abscess was from a tooth or not. We talked about the possibility of surgery to remove the tooth if that was the problem but Zoey would have to be tested to make sure she could be put under anesthesia, everyone in the room knew that she probably wouldn't pass the tests.

She seemed fine Thanksgiving morning the abscess had gone done in size and I thought she was on the mend and that maybe this time everything would work out. I went in the kitchen to check on the turkey and my mother had left the cooked giblets on the counter, I had my back turned when I heard the bowl hit the floor. Zoey had gotten on the counter and somehow knocked the bowl to the floor and she was covered in the turkey fat and juice that the giblets were cooked in. Zoey seemed fine, a little gimpy on her hind leg but she'd been having some issues with it before so I didn't think much of it, and she was back on the counter minutes later trying to get at the giblets again. I ended up having to give her a warm bath, there really wasn't a way around it she was covered head to toe with turkey. I toweled her off as much as possible and handed her to my bother to hold while I cooked, I managed to get the potatoes peeled and on the stove when I heard Zoey start to meow. It wasn't her normal meow and I had never heard that sound come from her before and when she tried to walk she was extremely unsteady. By the time we got to the Emergency Pet Hospital Zoey was in what I assume was a coma and I could tell that even though she was still breathing that she was gone.

I miss them so much, there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of them. It snowed for the first time here on black Friday and for a second I thought that Moira would have an extra long walk tonight before realizing that it wasn't going to happen. I still look for them on occasion when I walk into certain rooms thinking that they will be sleeping in the favorite spots. Cooking without Zoey meowing and begging for food is going to be hard to get used to. In the end I can't stop thinking that I failed them, there are so many things that I would do differently if only I could do it all over again.
with that hammer in your heart

And it's all right
take the world and make it yours again

Matthew Good ~ Symbolistic White Walls (Extended Lyrics)
Vander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #15
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

You didn't fail them. You took them in and loved them, and really, that's all that our pets ever ask of us. Your Zoey sounds like my bunch, they're always wanting to be involved in the kitchen.

I'm so sorry for your losses. It must be so hard to lose so many in such a short time. Don't be hard on yourself. Our pets can never be around as long as we can, that's the worst part about them. Just think of all the good times you had with them.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 AM   #16
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
It's hard to loose our pets. Thankfully you were in there lives to provide everything and make them the happiest pets while they are here. Getting a new puppy is a huge decision and only one you can make on your own. Some people that loose pets never get over the death of there beloved. Some feel the need to get another pet right away after and some people feel the need to get a pet before the elderly pet passes. It is all up to you. You have to know what's best for you.
I wish you all the best. You are in my prayers.
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #17
Momto3
Been Around A While

OMG Vander - way too many losses so quickly. Sincerest condolences. You must be a wreck! <<<<hugs>>>>
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #18
saharnyh
Administrator

test

test image
dogs_27.jpg
saharnyh is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff