Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff » Job Prospect!

Old 08-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #11
elsasmom
Been Around A While

I'm so sorry to hear your news; there were probably 100s of applications with the economy the way it is. Your value is evident in how close you got though it's no consolation when you needed that job.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

use the good that came from this, even though you didn't get the job. You've now had good interview experience.

I know you wanted and needed this job. Don't give up. There's something out there for you!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #13
Momto3
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
use the good that came from this, even though you didn't get the job. You've now had good interview experience.
No offense Ann but I got that from so many people I near went postal! At my age, the last thing I need is interview experience! I've seen it time and time again in the past two years - you have to network cause if you don't KNOW someone, you ain't gonna get a job! That's the way it's playing out these days. Verry frustrating.
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #14
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

You and I have had plenty of interview experience, but she hasn't. You're right about networking though. My guess is that you had to know someone or be related to someone to get that job.

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #15
Momto3
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
You and I have had plenty of interview experience, but she hasn't. You're right about networking though. My guess is that you had to know someone or be related to someone to get that job.
Precisely! I worked there before and the former CFO (who is working for them as a consultant now) remembered I was into Cocker Spaniel rescue and that's how he contacted me since I no longer have the land-line phone he had and he didn't have my cell #. I'm not affiliated with that rescue anymore but she actually gave him my e-mail addy. My rescues actually found me a JOB!!!
Sharon - Mom to Mozart, Monte, Merlin and Mylee! my boyz!
Momto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #16
k9mania
Administrator

My students had an 85% hire rate in the field within 3 months of graduation. Networking was the key. Also, your cover letter and resume are key. The interview experience for Meredith is key. This market is horrible. Everyone looking for a job should network via linkedin and other sites. People should also volunteer where they can network. Sometimes you have to get a job that gives you the skill sets and then try for the "real" one.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #17
sandyb
Been Around A While

So sorry you didn't get this job Meredith, you put such a lot of effort into it, and you must be terribly disappointed. I agree with the others - you need to network, and get your name and face seen all over town. Good luck!
sandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #18
LABLOVER500
Been Around A While

I had a wonderful interview and thought I aced it....then the waiting began. They already had another prospect picked, but had to go through open interviewing outside of the company; which really sucked. I've been looking for about a year now. I believe it has to do with knowing someone also in order to get picked for a job. Sorry you didnt get the job either, it really is disappointing.
LABLOVER500 is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Not about K9 stuff