Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Active Dog General Talk » the greyhound

Old 06-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
ellgar
New Around Here

the greyhound

i am new to this site & have put a few experiences with my dogs on the forum , athletic dogs , health & senior issues.

I noticed main users are in the USA i am not , im from the u.k.

I shall be writing about the greyhound racing trust rescue dogs in the u.k where there are 70 branches in the u.k that re home x racers as young as 2 yrs greyhounds are classed as adults at 18 months. They are given to the rescue trust some wont chase the hare , too slow , easilly distracted , or simply an injury. The greyhound i adopted has a huge round scar the back of her left shoulder , fur will not grow there & it is a bald spot.

I wont go on but i will write a little each time i visit the site
ellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
hcromley
Been Around A While

well welcome to the site i would love to see some pics of your greyhounds and cant wait to read some of your stories
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Labman
Been Around A While

Welcome. I do all I can to encourage rescue.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
elsasmom
Been Around A While

welcome to our K9 family

Looking forward to pics of your greyhound
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Welcome to the site! Yes there are alot from the US but there are a few here that are also from the UK, so don't worry about fitting in, we all get along here.lol. Hope you enjoy the site!
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
ellgar
New Around Here

greyhound part 2

I dont know how to upload a photo of my greyhound yet as i am still new to the site.

There ar 70 rescue centres in the u.k that home retired greyhounds , some are retired as early as 2 yrs , these dogs do live beyond 10 yrs.

The greyhound i adopted was found wandering the streets and was picked up by the dog warden where she stayed for 7 days , a decision was made to destroy her. The tattoo in her ear traced her back to her owners they didnt want her and thought she was still with someone they gave to.

The greyhound racing trust was contacted and took her in to re- home her.

The grehound trust neuter , flea treat , innoculate & insure all their dogs , you are given 6 wks free insurance when you adopt.

All potential homes are visited and checked for suitability as these dogs are
protected once under the trust care.

The trust may visit to check the dog and if you use the dog for racing the tattoo is traced and the dog may be taken off you. This is to protect the dog.

next time i visit the site i will tell you what happens to greyhounds who are not under the trust care
ellgar is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Active Dog General Talk