Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Active Dog General Talk » Dog Parks

Old 05-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #11
Twila
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Twila
We have lots here in BC. 1 that is particularily close is amazing! fully fenced, washrooms, garbage for doggy doo doo. THe people are wonderful, everbody knows everybodies dog...Marley LOVES IT! There's big dogs and little dogs, and people with lots of dogs, and old people with their old dogs...

I look forward to going more then Marley I think. The only thing that sucks is my face hurts after from smilling and laughing so much!
Twila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
molliesmum
Been Around A While

I am really lucky that I live on the edge of a huge country park. Molly is free to run free without anyone giving us a hard time. There are canals, rivers, lakes, hills and valleys. There are dence forest and open fields. We can walk for hours without anyone moaning about dogs.
However, I have many friends that live in areas where there are no open spaces to let the dogs run free. We are now being told that many of our parks are dog free zones or dogs on leashes. Molly would not get anything like her needed excercise level if she was kept on a leash.
We need dog parks in England, you are very lucky in other countries where they are growing.

Maria. x
molliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #13
caninejan
Been Around A While

The only fenced dog park in the area is about 4 miles from my home. We had been going regularly till this morning. There are people who bring their dogs to the park, and don't watch them, don't clean up after them. We are not going to that particular park anymore because I'm sick and tired of the people who bring aggressive dogs in. I'm so tired of people's dogs attacking mine, and then they turn around and say,"You have a Rottweiler, he must have started it". The last time that happened, Bubba was attacked from behind by a large male boxer. The owner said it was my dog's fault. Not likely, as he didn't even look at her dog!

We'll be checking out two more parks that are within 20 miles of home...we'll see.
caninejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 AM   #14
nosnjectn
New Around Here

We take our Nino and Mia to the dog park quite a bit. They love it because they get to run and meet other dogs. Nino always greets the new dogs coming in. Mia is a little bashful at first, but once she feels ok she lets go. I love how they have so much fun.
nosnjectn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #15
hcromley
Been Around A While

we just found one down here and took stoli to it last week it was so great seeing him run around and play with other dogs hes pretty lazy so seeing him actually run was great
great pyrenees lover
hcromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:45 AM   #16
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Unfortunately no. I wish I could go to a dog park around here, alas Murrieta doesn't seem to be like the best dog town there is... there is only ONE dog park in all of the city and its in the middle of two heavy traffic streets with NO fences... I can't take my dogs there...

I want to petition the city to build another one, but its alot of work...
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #17
gsdmama
Been Around A While

I would love to take them to a dog park, but I would be afraid of other dogs and their owners not watching as they do at the park closest to me.

Maybe I should try it to see how Elsa would do as Joey is in a splint right now.

I would have to take her for a long long long walk to get her tired and keep her on a long line to see how she reacts to other dogs.

Joey and Elsa
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #18
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
I wish we had a dog park here, it doesnt take much to make one maybe I will invest in one...a few acers and trees and maybe a pond....
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #19
cockermom93
Been Around A While

Send a message via Skype™ to cockermom93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
I wish we had a dog park here, it doesnt take much to make one maybe I will invest in one...a few acers and trees and maybe a pond....
We don't have a dog park either. We have a group of people who were supposed to be raising money for one but I wouldn't think it would be that much and they have been "raising" for about 4 years now!!!
Love your pets like theres no tomarrow!!

www.myspace.com/allpawsbigandsmall

http://www.youtube.com/user/spanielmom93
come watch and comment on my videos!
cockermom93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:37 PM   #20
Jr_K9_Expert
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to Jr_K9_Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockermom93 View Post
We don't have a dog park either. We have a group of people who were supposed to be raising money for one but I wouldn't think it would be that much and they have been "raising" for about 4 years now!!!
They probably aren't doing it right, you need sponsors and get involved with non-profit organizations, then get dog owners/lovers around town to help you with it. Like I said its alot of work, raising money by yourself isn't usually enough.

Hope you get a dog parks soon though!
-Steven

My dog article site - K9Domain
My dog blog - Dog Notes
Jr_K9_Expert is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Active Dog General Talk