Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health » Health and Fitness Challenge

Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #41
REWOPJMP
Site Regular

Talking

Spring is finally here. It could be a little warmer but i'll take it. Things have gone pretty good. I've probably lost somewhere between 15-20 pounds. I don't have a scale but I've dropped a size and feel better. The best thing is the exercise. I walk so much more, and the dog obedience is turning out great. Starting next week I'll be going twice a week to train, mondays for a llittle of everything and fridays strictly for agility. The best part is i'll be becoming the trainers assistant. Since money is tight, i'll help here and there when she needs me and I can train for free. I also started my own little FREE backyard agility club. I've got 5 or 6 members and we're going to make our own equipment and train once a week. My husband just put together a teeter totter for me last weekend. Things have worked out great. It's great how fresh air and exercise can help you feel better, expecially with your dog.
REWOPJMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #42
Scotiablue
New Around Here

That's great news!! I run with my kelpie and cattle dog, and I always feel energised after I come back. They're comfortably weary and it's a great way to start the day.

Scotia
Scotiablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #43
k9mania
Administrator

CONGRATULATIOns::

I have decided to present to the original 4 people who started the challenge in January and are still participating with a painting of their favorite photo. I have kept in touch with them and they are doing great. Those members that will be getting a painting of the photo of their choice are:

REWPOJMP
Cerbiesmom
Betterdog4U
2dogscrazy4ball
Molliesmom

I expect them to keep it up past May 30. Everyone should see a change in eating or exercise patterns as lifestyle changes so that it is incorporated into your life forever. Congratulations.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #44
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I did yoga the other night, and I'm still hurting. A few years ago I would do yoga every day. I woke up WEdnesday with sore muscles I forgot I had. And, I got on my aunts scale, and I've lost almost 10 pounds! I'm so pleased. I can almost squeeeeeze into some of my older pants. I'm a happy camper. I'm still eating a lot better, and I've only missed a few walks due to weather or cramps. Sometimes being a woman gets the best of me and I have to go lie down for awhile. I've also been biking with Cerbie, and it's hard work keeping up with a sprinting cattle dog.

feelin slim and sexy in texas,
Crystal
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 03:44 AM   #45
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

The pounds are coming off a bit slower, but still coming off. I'm down a total of 16 lbs so far. I'm still shooting for -50
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #46
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I still hope everyone's doing well. I haven't been walking as much, it's too freakin hot, but I've been doing weights and indoor workouts. Not as much fun, but it's still something.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #47
BetterDog4U
Been Around A While

I noticed that this thread died about 10 months ago, so I wanted to open it back up to see if ANYONE is still working on thier goals.

Because of the crappy weather, I haven't gotten out as much, but changing my diet and walking when it's possible has helpped me a lot. I actualy lost 2 pounds over the winter, (something that hasn't happened in 20 years), and now that the weather is getting better, we are able to get out and walk again at least 4-5 days a week.

I've only dropped 4 pounds from last summer but that gives me a total of 21 pounds lost. My first goal was 10, the second was 25. My end goal was going to be 50. I have been rethinking my goals and have decided to go for 75.
- Michael -

Full of Life ... and Herself - Visit PATCHS' Website
Loving Friend & Faithful Companion - Visit NEKA's Memorial Website
My Little Buddy for 15+ Years - Visit CHIP's Memorial Website
BetterDog4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #48
yorkie
Been Around A While

i should start getting out more... i am so going to try and do what you said
yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Health > Owner Health