Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green » a spider that shares my back porch

Old 09-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
zorasdad
Been Around A While

a spider that shares my back porch

Any idea what kind of spider this is? not a great pic, i know.spider lia 015.JPG
a working dog is a happy dog
zorasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
6dogmom
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to 6dogmom Send a message via MSN to 6dogmom
That gives me the heebie jeebies just to look at much less let it share my space. EEEWWWWW! Just one thing I can't handle is spiders and bugs
6dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #3
Shells_k
Been Around A While

CRAP I hate spiders lol. I would flip if that was on my porch!

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #4
BichonFowner
Been Around A While

After seeing some poisonous bites show I believe on Animal Planet and what could happen, I would make sure to avoid it getting on you. If it is poisonous, it could be very serious if not fatal if someone got bitten.

By the way, don't know what kind of spider it is, but all I know is that is a big spider!
BichonFowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
starry8740
Been Around A While

Send a message via ICQ to starry8740
If it was on my back porch, I would of screamed and my mom would of killed it lol. I hate spiders and they are my biggest frear!
~Star my eskie/golden mix~

www.youtube.com/starry8740 &
www.youtube.com/friends4life8740
Daniel & Carrie + Star = Forever

When one door closes another WILL open, and its usually something better.
starry8740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
Garden Orb spider, we have one of these that stays in the same corner, they are harmless but big and scarry looking huh :P
~Meredith
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
PudelGrl
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to PudelGrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
Garden Orb spider, we have one of these that stays in the same corner, they are harmless but big and scarry looking huh :P
Glad you knew, I was about to pull out all my biology books.

Good thing that its harmless, as much as spiders are "Icky" I like to try to keep the harmless ones around. I'd rather use them as pest control than all the toxic stuff you can buy.
PudelGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
Shara
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to Shara
It is kinda hard to tell from the picture, but they are very common and like corners and stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:SpiderWeb.jpg

Heres a neat shot of the web, they always make a new web, eatting it after each night, kinda wierd, they recycle it...anyways...there are ALOT of types of garden orb spiders, mostly they are multicolored brown/tan with a big abdomen. But there are also some that are very bright and...those are the ones that scare me LOL bright red and yellow..ect...hehe
~Meredith
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
PudelGrl
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to PudelGrl
Wow, thats one impressive web.

I've never seen the white ones around here, but a couple pictures certainally had familier looking spiders in the wiki article.

Now that I've seen their webs, I think they probably were the type of spiders used in the "spiders on drugs" experiments. Just had to post a link, this definatally convinces me to avoid shooting up ;-)

http://www.trinity.edu/jdunn/spiderdrugs.htm
PudelGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
dogsrme
Been Around A While

Send a message via AIM to dogsrme Send a message via Yahoo to dogsrme
Ah, come on people! Spiders are awesome!!! I love to scare my sister, put fake one in her hair or room. She freaks out. Like the one time she insisted that she wanted to come along with some of my friends and I to go fishing. She got me talked into letting her go and we are putting the worms on the end of the hook and I get the line out for her and I had a bite but it didn't get hooked just took the bait. I asked her for a worm and she looked at me and started to cry because she didn't want to touch a worm. So she I got the worm myself and she sat down waiting for a bite and my friends were like saying put the worm in her hair. So I did. She didn't even know until my friend Brandon was like dude, there is a worm in your hair. She started screaming and fell into the lake pulling me in. It was funny.

Anyway, getting back on topic...I would keep the spider hanging around. They are great for catching pesky bugs like "ants" and "flies."

----------------
Now playing: Avril Lavigne - Freak Out
via FoxyTunes

**Just a simple country boy with a dog**

"I wanna stop and ask your name, take a pic of your pretty face, shout to heaven,
steal a kiss, lay the world at your thrown, I wanna beg you to be mine, for the rest of both our lives, instead I catch my breath, shake my head and walk on"
dogsrme is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green