Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green » Are we responsible to take action as dog owners

Old 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
k9mania
Administrator

Are we responsible to take action as dog owners

What responsibility do we have as dog owners to make sure that we are helping in the sustainability of the environment? What are you doing?
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

In general, we recycle and we use the energy saving lightbulbs. Dog related, I pick up all my dogs poos. THis should be interesting.
CerbiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #3
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

I have three Doggie Dooley pet waste disposals (like septic tanks) in my back yard areas. All of their waste is disposed of this way. I bought mine at Petco and they're great.

http://http://www.petco.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=923168&cm_ven=tag&cm_cat=58&cm_pl a=923168&cm_ite=923168
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
I have three Doggie Dooley pet waste disposals (like septic tanks) in my back yard areas. All of their waste is disposed of this way. I bought mine at Petco and they're great.

http://http://www.petco.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=923168&cm_ven=tag&cm_cat=58&cm_pl a=923168&cm_ite=923168

I clicked on the link and it didnt work, but I googled it and I think this is fantastic!!! I talked to my husband and he thinks its a great idea too. We rent though, so we'd have to ask the landlord if its okay to put in the back yard first.We're gonna talk to him!!!!

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

I don't know why that link didn't work, but here's another.

http://www.doggiedooley.com/

They were not this expensive at Petco. I think I paid about $35 each for them 2 years ago.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

That looks really cool! I'm gonna stop at petco on my way home to price one.

I like this idea for a forum, I jsut wish more ppl would participate. I really just don't know what else to do.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #7
LabMomHouston
Been Around A While

Along with recycling food cans (which I never even thought of before), I noticed that both of Gunners prescription bottles are plastics #2 which can be picked up by my local recycling company. So I am going to be recycling those starting this week. These containers are pretty large. I am not sure if the smaller prescription bottles are recycle-able as well...but anyone that has some may want to check the bottom and give us the number off the bottom. Of course you could always use them for other things like storing screws and nails in your tool box.

As far as my house...we recycle cans/milk jugs/plastic and glass containers on a regular basis since we have curb pick up of these items. I love the idea I can just sit them out by the curb and the guys pick them up...no hauling around to a special collection facility. I just need a bigger pickup container! I also have some held over from the previous week b/c its too small.

I'd love to read other ideas pet related and home related!
LabMomHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
mommieofmany
Site Regular

Thumbs up

I don't have any new ideas. I do pretty much the same as all above, BUT, I doo love the doggie dooley, I will have to have a couple of those, sounds awesome!!
mommieofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #9
2dogscrzy4ball
Been Around A While

Lightbulb

Here's 2 that I read in a magazine. 1. Get an organic, cotton dog collar/leash. Nylon production emits nitrous oxide, which may lead to global warming. 2. Choose recycled toys. Look for ones made from rec. rubber, soda bottles, old fire hoses or other recyelables. They also mention buying bedding w/ recycled fibers or better yet none at all, let "Fido" sleep on the bed!!!
2dogscrzy4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
CerbiesMom
Been Around A While

I saw an organic dog dress at PEtsmart this week! IT was too cute. I'm gonna take Brigit to go get one for her birthday next month. They only had stuff for little dogs, though. I want Cerbie to have an organic cotton shirt.

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green