Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs » Favorite Dog Beaches

Old 05-05-2009, 12:29 AM   #21
gsdmama
Been Around A While

has anybody's dog taken off?? i would be afraid!! we are close to huntington beach dog beach. even closer to long beach but i didn't like the water. they are suppose to be putting in a new dog beach at dockweiler?? near lax.
rest in peace my little Nikko. until we meet again. momma misses you and her heart aches every time she thinks of you, wishing you were still here to play with Joey and Elsa.
gsdmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:22 AM   #22
Labman
Been Around A While

From an email to our son, ''Gary, do you have the third
off and are planing to go to Erie? How welcome are dogs at the beach?
Sometimes it is easier not to argue about the puppy not being a pet.''

Interesting the dog we can take to a restaurant, may not be able to go to the beach.
Labman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:43 AM   #23
Brooke
Been Around A While

I have a great dog beach near me. One is ďThe SpitĒ down near Southport.. and the other is Currumbin Beach. Itís so gorgeous down near Currumbin.. not as many people as the spit but a little further away. I take Kai off leash, but not Sammie. I donít trust Sammie to stay haha and not chase after other dogs as he is a nutter, but Kai is great and walks next to me the whole time! My two LOVE it, and I try to take them there as much as I can!
Proudly owned by Sammie, Kai and Zeekie (kitten), who I love to death xo

- If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either.
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #24
clser2thehrt
Been Around A While

When I decided to move back to Cali, I was looking stuff up and found this site
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/calif...g-beaches.html
Good info!
clser2thehrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM   #25
Howler
Been Around A While

I wish we had 'dog beaches', when I was living in Cornwall the dogs were fine on the beach, at the kennels where i used to work we used to take some of the longer residents down to our local beach for a nice run. Off season they are fine, but otherwise its on leash or they arent allowed on the beach at all, i suppose thats what you get for living in a country where tourism is everything. where we are now the dogs arent allowed on the beach at all so we have to stick to the woods and moors.
Howler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #26
elsasmom
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howler View Post
where we are now the dogs arent allowed on the beach at all so we have to stick to the woods and moors.
Southwest UK? Beach, woods and moors? Are you anywhere near Devon? I'm so jealous. I spent a week at Brixton and hiked Devon County. It was one of the most beautiful areas I've visited. Someone had a black lab named Magic at the beach in a rural area, but it was the only dog I saw at any of the beaches.
Love me; Love my dog
elsasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:34 PM   #27
Erin_Wise
New Around Here

This is a little late, but if you live near Matagorda in Texas, I definitely suggest there. We've yet to take the boys there, but as long as it's not a holiday weekend, it's rather empty so there's lot of open spaces to run (when we went down there were literally three family groups there, so no more than 20 people). You do need to bring your own water and shade, but it would make for an excellent outing.
Erin_Wise is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs