Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs » Favorite Dog Beaches

Old 06-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
nusee
New Around Here

Favorite Dog Beaches

Has your dog ever gone to a dog beach? I like to travel. If you have a favorite dog beach please tell us about it. Mine is in Del Mar, California. It is on HWY 101 on a nice sandy beach just a stones throw from the Del Mar Race Track and county fairgrounds. My flyball team goes to a tournament there every July just for the beach in that we live 21/2 hours from the beach.
nusee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
shygirl
New Around Here

Smile Richmond,CA

There is a great dog park that the dogs have limited access to the SF Bay in Richmond. There is like 40 acres and they get 500,000 dogs a year. It is on PT. Isabel Recreation area.
shygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #3
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
Talking

Boggle hole we have cliffes, sea, sand and the dogs love the seals and yes it is boggle hole found in north yorshire the countryside and sea views are wonderful. obviously not as glamerous as california but i wouldnt change the seclusion and lack of people the dogs have a choice of sea watrer or river water trees or sand they love it and so do i. i would live in boggle cave if it wasnt so spooky.
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
toppers
Been Around A While

I took my dogs to Sketty beach, out of season of course, yet when I took my kids in season there were dogs on the beach- worse still they pooped and no one cleaned it up!!!
Do we have dog beaches and dog parks in the U.K.?
Toppers -feeding dogs the natural way!
toppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
dobetaztic
Been Around A While

Send a message via MSN to dobetaztic
Wink

dont thinkthere is officially i do have dog areas in some parks and woods and some beaches do let dogs go in season but n ot many
dobetaztic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #6
toppers
Been Around A While

We have a 3 mile circuit at the bottom of our garden, through hills and fields around the river, but I change my walk everyday so that they get mental stimulation. Some days I just road walk them, helps them to remember their manners!!
Toppers -feeding dogs the natural way!
toppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:53 AM   #7
REWOPJMP
Site Regular

We Go To Sandy Neck Beach On Cape Cod Ma, Off Season You Can Let Your Dogs Run Free. It's A Great Beach And My Pups Love It. You Can Even Buy A Sticker And Drive Onto The Beach. That's Lots Of Fun Also. Sometime We Bring Our Dinner And Let The Dogs Run Sometime We Even Bbq. Mostly I'll Drive To The Parking And Walk. The Dogs Always Come Back Tired.
REWOPJMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
LabpupsUK
Been Around A While

I do get frustrated with the lack of dog friendly places in my area, there are no dog parks and trying to find somewhere they can run off lead is really difficult as everything is kid friendly not dog friendly. Most of the beaches say no dogs between march and September, although I have found a couple, one was in yorkshire where I went on hols a couple of years ago that Harv found great fun.

It sounds like America has better facilities for dogs than the UK, but that is probably down to space.
LabpupsUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #9
nikk
Been Around A While

We've been to a few doggy beaches, and my absolute favorite beach for them to go is by Ventura California. Since, I was a wee girl my dad has been taking my dogs and I to Hobson State Park. It is just too beautiful. And the people who run the park, allow you to let the pups run, and explore. Now that I am older I still make it. I've also gone to "doggy" beach in San Diego Ca, but it is just too populated and some of the dogs get a little too aggressive. So, I will gladly go back to Hobson State Park.
nikk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #10
kelzunique
New Around Here

Ive taken ollie to Frinton on sea in essex, he absolutely loved it, but you can only really go in the winter, or when its cold, for him to trully have a good run. its definatly true that the US is more dog friendly!
kelzunique is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs