Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > General Training » Rally O classes

Old 09-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
ann_hawes
Been Around A While

Rally O classes

Baloo has surprised me. Maybe it's that he's a little older than when we started, but his focus is now much better. Last night was our last class in that series, and he did very well. We're starting to work on the jumps, but I'm just planting myself on the ground at the standard and having him step over them, back and forth. When we get to 10 inches, he frequently taps the bar with his back feet and sometimes knocks it off completely. I haven't noticed that he's grown more, but my guess is that he has. He doesn't know where his back legs are again. The ladder seemed to do wonders the last time, so I'll put it in the backyard again and work with that. He seems to know where his BUTT is, because he's doing really well with the weave poles.
It's so much fun watching him learn! I had to do the agility waltz again last night to get him to the car, but BC Babe was there, and she's a pretty strong motivator!

Silence is golden,
Duct tape is silver.
ann_hawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #2
Shells_k
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_hawes View Post
Baloo has surprised me. Maybe it's that he's a little older than when we started, but his focus is now much better. Last night was our last class in that series, and he did very well. We're starting to work on the jumps, but I'm just planting myself on the ground at the standard and having him step over them, back and forth. When we get to 10 inches, he frequently taps the bar with his back feet and sometimes knocks it off completely. I haven't noticed that he's grown more, but my guess is that he has. He doesn't know where his back legs are again. The ladder seemed to do wonders the last time, so I'll put it in the backyard again and work with that. He seems to know where his BUTT is, because he's doing really well with the weave poles.
It's so much fun watching him learn! I had to do the agility waltz again last night to get him to the car, but BC Babe was there, and she's a pretty strong motivator!
I think it is so neat how active you are with Baloo, what a neat activity to have him do.

Shells, Jessie, Sugar Booger,
Abby, Molly, Oreo & Puff
.. )) -::-
. .))
((. .. -::-
-::- ((.*
Shells_k is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Canine Training > General Training