Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs » Pup that loves to swim!!!!!

Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 AM   #11
lovethatdogg
Been Around A While

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydays View Post
Your Weimeraner is beautiful! So you are definitely going thru the puppy thing too. I bet your baby does feel the cold...they barely have a coat!
How do you handle the tadpolie thing??? My Rio pulls worms from the grass- whenever she is in the backyard her nose is dug in the grass hunting for long curly worms!! Yuk- I have pulled several from her mouth...very gross!
lol, he never eats them too much. I just tell him drop it and he will. he mostely likes the look of them in the water. Sorry to here about the worms. I am not sure what you would do because i do not know all the circumstances. Anyway, ttyl

Please... help fight BSL.
Not for me, but for them.
Everyone desearves a chance.
Do the right thing and lend a hand.
http://www.stopbsl.com/
lovethatdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:17 AM   #12
OzFozz
New Around Here

Great pictures!

Our Golden used to love swimming! Especially in mid January when there were the massive ice flows to jump off of into the water.

Oz, doesn't have a problem with the water, he just can't swim. When he walks out into the water he walks only on his front paws and lets his back legs float, then when he gets any deeper, he just paddles with his front paws which makes him look like he's climbing a ladder.

Coby I think enjoys swimming now, but this time last year he would only tolerate warm water, and whine if even his baths weren't warm.
OzFozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #13
k9mania
Administrator

Dock dog for swimmers

Have any of you seen the dock dog competitions or tried your dog in them? For swimming, active dogs this is pretty fun. I have seen a doxie in a life jacket jump off the dock when my border ran to the edge and barked as she has never jumped into the water from that distance.
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #14
OzFozz
New Around Here

Oh I've seen those Dock Dog competitions! Well I've seen some on the tv and 2 at the Sportsman show.
We saw a Golden Retriever at the one, wearing a life jacket, we all laughed thinking it was just a joke...But this Golden really couldn't swim!
OzFozz is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Recreational Dogs