Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green » Off Topic - Carbon Footprint Calculation

Old 04-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Furbilator
Been Around A While

Off Topic - Carbon Footprint Calculation

A fun website to calculate your carbon footprint. It is an United Kingdom website but the questions are all relevant.

http://actonco2.direct.gov.uk/launch....uk/index.html
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
k9mania
Administrator

Awesome!!! I paid for carbon footprint for my flight from CA to DC. It was included in the price of my ticket to a company that airlines work with. I will figure mine out. Great topic
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #3
Mari
Been Around A While

I don't have time this morning to do mine but I would love to know what it is.
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Furbilator
Been Around A While

Your carbon footprint is a calculation on how much resourses (fuel, energy, etc.) you use in your daily life. It is proposed that the greater your carbon footprint the higher your individual impact is on the environment.

This particular calculation only takes into account your energy consumption in the home and automobile, it is lacking in the carbon footprint impact of things like food purchases - do you buy local, do you buy out of season products, what types of cleaning, makeup, paper goods, etc. products you purchase, and many other resource based products. All of these items should, in my opinion, be calculated into your overall carbon footprint but this is a little tool to make you think of how running your house and automobile effect the energy resourses and by in turn contribute to CO2 emissions (pollution).
Furbilator is offline   Reply With Quote

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Other Issues > Going K9 Green