Click here to Register

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Flyball Dogs » cardiff canine flyball and agility club

Old 07-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

Send a message via MSN to LadyGemStone
Lightbulb cardiff canine flyball and agility club

hi im opening a new team next year sorry its not anysooner but i am only young and i have to finance it all and i have to find a place to do it and get registered with BFA and i have college and i need to get two sets of jumps and two boxes and as soon as we are astablished then i will get 2 crufts flyball sets so i can have 2 teams running aswell as the BFA teams, oh by the way its in cardiff south wales.
the 4 teams are going to be :
cardiff canine cuties
cardiff canine mixtures
cardiff canine starters
cardiff canine variety
as soon as we are esablished in flyball i will then create a agility team i am in the process of creating a website if you bear with me it wil be finished soon

All I Do Is For My Dogs!!!!
LadyGemStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
k9mania
Administrator

It is very easy and cheap to make the jumps from plywood. I will look up the place that gives the plans and then put it up here. In the US we have much more colorful fun names like full throttle, ball haulers, etc. That makes for great graphic logos and t-shirts for the team. Go for it
k9mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
Monsterpuppy
Been Around A While

Money can be a problem. You may have to charge dues or an initiation fee for your members and have fund raisers (dog washes, dog training classes, etc) to get the initial capital funds. If you have friends or family who like power tools, it can really help cut down on the cost to make the jumps out of plywood, the baby gates out of netting or PVC pipe, and we even had a team member make us a box. It still was about $300 for the materials, but that's better than $1000 + shipping.

Trolling forums and email distribution groups for used equipment can also help get you over the hurdle of zero equipment, and, as you get more established, you trade up for better equipment.

Good luck and have fun!
---------------------------------------------------------
Proper dog spoilage is an art form.

http://www.weaselpuppy.com
http://www.squidoo.com/dog-themed-gifts-and-awards
http://www.cafepress.com/weaselpuppy
Monsterpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:24 AM   #4
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

thats just the whole group name i might change the name to something more interesting, any ideas for each group
let me know but they must be similar
Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
Bordercolliemad
New Around Here

Hi

Hi i live in Barry and am very interested in your post, i have 2 border collie pups one male of nearly 5 months and a female of nearly 6 months, i have been looking everywhere or flyball and agility classes but havent been able to find anything, could you give me a bit of information on what it is you are going to be doing?? thanks kayleigh
Bordercolliemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
Warwickshire_Flyball
Site Regular

Hi there, not meaning to put you off but I don't think you should be looking to start agility or flyball until the dogs are around 12 months as their bones/joints won't be fully developed and you risk damaging them... In the meantime I'm sure you can pick up lots of tips here such as pre-training exercises depending on which route you decide to go donw with them
Warwickshire_Flyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
Bordercolliemad
New Around Here

Hi thanks, so what sort of pre training exercises could i do?? thanks
Bordercolliemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #8
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

my website is up and running now, it gets updated every week, with new members, if you would like to join please go on the link and become our first member, or maybe our second or third, i wont know till you join

here is the link
hang on a min trying to get it lol
Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
welshbabe
New Around Here

Smile LadyGemStone,

Hiya, I live in the Gwent valley, (Ebbw Vale) could you give me any information on anything like this in my area please,. My daughter and her fianc'e have just acquired a little Jack Russell pup, 14wks old, do you think this would be the right age or is he too young?, i would be so grateful please for your help and advice on this,.
Thanking you
Kez xx
welshbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 PM   #10
LadyGemStone
Site Regular

found the link, and i have posted a new thread, anyone interested then please look, sorry about the spellings, other than that here is the web address www.freewebs.com/cardiffcanineclub

K9Mania.com - Forums By Dog Lovers for Dog Lovers > Active Dogs > Flyball Dogs